• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Large Murals

JBurton

Signtologist
Ok will check it out, looks great from the steam page
Yeah, and if y'all want to avoid spoilers (which I'd recommend, since the premise of the game is 'what's going on here'), the reddit page is great at giving the smallest tip without ruining everything. The rest of the internet guides will just spill all the beans and you'll still be lost.

WildWestDesigns

I try to get 45 minutes every night while my son plays Portal 2, pretty good educational game for him.
Most people put down video games, I would imagine that all they think about are the more along the lines of GTA, RE etc, don't really realize just how good they can be for educational usage. After all, playing games (be it "analog" or digital) is the best way that kids learn (and I would say that still holds true for older people as well, if they take the time).

Even more fun to write them as well. Might seem strange, but it's not any different to any other creative process.
But I haven't watched TV or a movie in probably 5 years, I guess most people would be watching TV at this time
I don't think so given what passes for stories coming out of TV/Movies, I doubt many are watching as used to. If I recall correctly, the video game industry has actually surprised that of TV/Movies.

garyroy

Seems like these types of murals are custom made for the Colorado 1650 printers.
They are pretty cool.
They are wall paper machines and are marketed as such.
(Is saying 'as such' too bombastic? Should I have said 'that way' instead) o_O

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Seems like these types of murals are custom made for the Colorado 1650 printers.
They are pretty cool.
"As such" is just fine, but you're gonna get into trouble tossing around words like bombastic.

victor bogdanov

They are pretty cool.
99% of what I print on my Colorado is wallpaper

victor bogdanov

Yeah, and if y'all want to avoid spoilers (which I'd recommend, since the premise of the game is 'what's going on here'), the reddit page is great at giving the smallest tip without ruining everything. The rest of the internet guides will just spill all the beans and you'll still be lost.
1.jpg

Almost time to play! but first gotta exercise

96XP

Get him a copy of 'Outer Wilds', it's very much in the same vein as portal, as far as a game that doesn't involve killing, just creative problem solving. (Not to be confused with 'Outer Worlds', that game is fine, but not nearly as mind blowing)
Also you get the best banjo tunes since Deliverance!

Am I the only one who imports everything with an automatic 180 degree rotation? I like to snap a shot for customers and have it printing right side up.
Aside from that, looks good, you could try getting a 'real' camera and mess with all those fancy settings like iso and exposure to get the truer tones.
My reason for processing it the way I did was because:
1) Feeling sure of myself, I didn't perform a test first and went directly to print. This would afford me time to see (saturation/brightness/gamma) and stop if I needed to make mods.
2) it's the end that I feed first - when laminating.
Otherwise, you pointed out the obvious :)

96XP

Every time I play warthunder I get an idea to use it to create mural designs. There are so many scenic levels. Your designs totally reminded me of the game

Victor, I came across this vid and thought of those here who are posting about games. Well, this one is real, and quite impressive. The target is a remote controlled airplane.
Side Note: Must have deep pockets to play. Lol.

96XP

For the gamers here;
just happened upon this:

Limited time only - click for a free demo!
Imagine if an insanely affordable game could give you brand new skills... challenge you... open your career path to countless new cyber security roles... and change the entire trajectory of your future.
Now it can. Welcome to Haiku.

96XP

Mounting on Coroplast.
That said, anyone have tips on how to discharge the plastic?

Attachments

• lam.jpg
    lam.jpg
    912.2 KB · Views: 118

jfiscus

Rap Master
Mounted to substrate? going to be a nightmare lining all those panels up! I would have went with sintra if you had to do mounted panels.
Mural looks good!
Can I ask what PPI/DPI you set the file up at?

96XP

Mounted to substrate? going to be a nightmare lining all those panels up! I would have went with sintra if you had to do mounted panels.
Mural looks good!
Can I ask what PPI/DPI you set the file up at?
I did a practice-run, for my Zen Garden - at home. haha.
I discovered the Coroplast was not cut square, something I'll look out for the next time.
Sintra was not at my disposal, however, wonder if that too could be used outdoors?

As for DPI, scene was designed at 100, though dropped it to 72 as it's large. Smaller art that's viewed up-close gets preferential treatment with higher counts.
Though in this instance, viewing from far didn't merit the higher count.
I did have to do some trimming to the panels to achieve satisfactory alignment, then finished it with 3M edge tape to seal the joints, as well for the top so that bugs and moisture wouldn't get inside.

Attached is an image of the install, and one of myself near 16+ years ago when I got a few digital murals established.
(This was following earlier years as an air-brusher)
Just happened to have the angel on an old disc so that I could reuse it. (was saving time)

Attachments

• ZEN GARDEN MURAL.jpg
    ZEN GARDEN MURAL.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 97
  • DIGITAL MURAL ARTIST.jpg
    DIGITAL MURAL ARTIST.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
My son said there's a game out now where you build an engine from scratch and it's very realistic.

He plays video games at night around 8-9pm. I hear him screaming at his friends all the time. I like to try and sneak up on him and yell something stupid into the headphones for his friends to hear.

96XP

My son said there's a game out now where you build an engine from scratch and it's very realistic.

He plays video games at night around 8-9pm. I hear him screaming at his friends all the time. I like to try and sneak up on him and yell something stupid into the headphones for his friends to hear.
That brought a smile to my face.
Grandson caught me off guard not long ago too, headphones and microphone, chatting away with his cousin - while playing. I didn't realize it was over the internet. (small hand held game)
The one your son has sounds interesting. If you happen upon the name of it, please post it :)

Stacey K

I like making signs
That brought a smile to my face.
Grandson caught me off guard not long ago too, headphones and microphone, chatting away with his cousin - while playing. I didn't realize it was over the internet. (small hand held game)
The one your son has sounds interesting. If you happen upon the name of it, please post it :)
Mechanic Simulator 2022. Here is a video I found of 2021. Looks kinda cool!

JBurton

Signtologist
Gives me an idea for a game, "sign shop simulator", Imagine playing around with a virtual Inca Onset x3 paired with auto board feeder and Zund. Final Boss level requires you to print 250 boards per hour with files made in Canva
Too many different levels to design. Sounds like a wario wear type of mini game collection, weeding game, crane game, a write a variance request without pissing off the city council game...