• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Magnets

jestoker723

I have a couple of questions regarding custom magnets. I work in a school and we want to make some magnets with our logo. I currently have a 54" vinyl cutter and a Mutoh VJ 1204 printer.

Can the vinyl cut magnet material? If not, can custom blanks be ordered for our logo?

Where is the best place to get these?

I've been put in charge of all the signage at school and I'm new to this whole thing. Thanks for any help.

tsgstl

The material and time to make the jig in that video is x3 more expensive than just printing on vinyl and applying it to the mag. Am I missing something?

jestoker723

Did you cut the magnet material on your vinyl cutter? Was the magnet good enough to put on cars?

Where did you get the magnet material?

GmanDesign

I use 20 Mil magnet the I get from the distributor to run through my cutter. I purchased a heavy duty blade holder so i could put a thicker blade in it.

I just got done printing and cutting mags. Yesterday. I just taped a beer case to the printer to avoid head strike, after having it happen twice. Then just put a new blade in the plotter and cut it. It was 30 mil