• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Match Pantone Paint

bagdaddys

I figure there's at least a few folks out there that still paint some stuff. Assuming that is correct.....is there anyone out there that can tell who I might be able to talk to about getting Pantone matched spray paints...or even just sprayable Pantone matched paints.

Do a bunch of collegiate stuff and changing back to painted school logos rather than printed vinyl. Going to use paint mask for the stencils and would love to be able to spray rather than brush the paint.

Thanks for the help

studio 440

pantones are ink and paint is paint you will never get the clean look of pantones with paint both are made of different bases and pantone has cleaner pigments

Moze

pantones are ink and paint is paint you will never get the clean look of pantones with paint both are made of different bases and pantone has cleaner pigments

True, paint won't match a Pantone color perfectly but it's still pretty much the industry standard to call out a PMS # when indicating colors on a sign.

Virtually any paint store or paint system (including Matthews) has the ability to match a PMS #.

bagdaddys

Thanks for the input all. I found a bunch different companies that will match Pantone....and 1 or two that will load them in aerosol cans. One is Custom Aerosol Products out of somewhere in Arkansas. It's a fast dry air cured automotive enamel product. He says its "the nuts" but I will try and be the judge of that. Got some samples on the way. Will keep you posted. Hopefully it doesn't eat my vinyl up!!!!!