• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Profiles for Rasterlink6?

Nick B

We have 6 Mimaki Printers running Rasterlink6. We are using one of the built in profiles, but we have to adjust a lot of jobs for color. We are printing on black ABS and the colors don't need to be absolutely perfect, but we want them to match / be closer to the colors on our packaging, which is printed by a different kind of printer in house. And the built in PMS color library in Rasterlink gets us close but not spot on and we usually have to adjust those too. I am looking at the X-Rite iPro 2 spectrometer. The Profile Master software from Mimaki has a hefty price tag.

Can you make profiles via other software and import them into rasterlink6? I know you can import other profiles from other people who made them for mimaki printers through mimakis website, and if you look at the built in profiles they are all just .icc files, but I'm not sure about all of the minutia of how everything works. Or is the Profile Master software the way to go? If anybody has experience with kind of thing any kind of advice would be really appreciated too. We are running 2 6042 MKII 1 3042 HG and 3 3042 FX if it makes any difference. Thanks!

yannb

Hi, for Rasterlink, the only way to create profiles is with Mimaki Profilemaster. You can download a copy and play with it for 30 days.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’m guessing if you’re running 6 printers you go through a fair bit of media. Most media suppliers have a guy that can create profiles. It’s probably worthwhile just asking the question of your media supplier to see if they’ll send someone out and profile your media’s. Or at least get you some created. Worked for us before! (And for free!) though they only created one print mode for each paper. Depends how many papers you have too!