• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Shipping Boxes ??

autoexebat

I ship a lot of decals worldwide and I'm getting a lot of complaints of poor packing . I'm trying to find boxes that I pack decals in and keep them perfeclty FLAT . Some boxes need to be 15" tell by 36" long ... All boxes FLAT and rugged and stiff ..

anyone have ideas ? I've looked online and havent came up with anything yet. :rolleyes:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Try a box company, typically they can make anything you want. We use a company here in phx called quick product solutions (http://www.qps4u.com/) and they can make boxes in any style shape and finish.

If you need durability I'd go double wall but it's not necessary for vinyl.

Last edited:

VL

We use to ship all of our custom logos flat. We don't do it anymore due to how expensive shipping has gotten but here is how we did it. We purchased 48x72" sheets of cardboard. I think 200 pound quality. We would make our logo, 6"x 42" put it on the sheet at one end. Allow for 1" of extra cardboard around all sides of the logo. Now use a straight edge and score the cardboard. Don't cut through it. Move the logo to the other side and just fold it over. Now your logo is in between two sheets. Keep folding over and over until it is thick enough not to be able to be bent. We would put scraps in between to make it even harder to bend . It's fast and you don't need any special boxes. I think we paid $3 per sheet. You can get longer sheets too. I would call around for prices.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Try a box company, typically they can make anything you want. We use a company here in phx called quick product solutions (http://www.qps4u.com/) and they can make boxes in any style shape and finish.

If you need durability I'd go double wall but it's not necessary for vinyl.

+1

You should be able to find box companies near you. They are all over. You'll need to call a few to find one that actually either makes the custom boxes or can get them made. Get a few quotes and you'll be in business.

We work with a really great one, but unless you need thousands of boxes, the freight will likely kill the deal.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use to ship all of our custom logos flat. We don't do it anymore due to how expensive shipping has gotten but here is how we did it. We purchased 48x72" sheets of cardboard. I think 200 pound quality. We would make our logo, 6"x 42" put it on the sheet at one end. Allow for 1" of extra cardboard around all sides of the logo. Now use a straight edge and score the cardboard. Don't cut through it. Move the logo to the other side and just fold it over. Now your logo is in between two sheets. Keep folding over and over until it is thick enough not to be able to be bent. We would put scraps in between to make it even harder to bend . It's fast and you don't need any special boxes. I think we paid $3 per sheet. You can get longer sheets too. I would call around for prices.

If you go this route which is actually a good idea, get a box crease tool, they are like $15 and look like a mini metal 3m VCAT. Instead of cutting the bend line it crushes the flutes and maintains integrity of the box. They make more expensive table mount ones but the hand held ones work well for small shipping runs.

Here is a cheap version: http://www.universityproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=2044