• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Shop Software

Dentafrice

Howdy,

First let me say I'm 17 years old, and am trying to run my business in the best way I can. I create decals, lettering, lots of decals at a time for businesses, etc.

One day I hope to have a full fledged sign shop, but for only working in the evenings and weekend I don't think that is possible being a student, but I'm working hard to establish my name now.

My question is does anyone use their own custom shop software that is tailored to just their business, if so anyone care to share a picture of it? I've been working on some software for mine.. just interested in others.

Lets see :)

- Mingle

Attachments

• ef4859e49d257aac8e5d4488230fc6d6.jpg
    ef4859e49d257aac8e5d4488230fc6d6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 101

Edserv

We've used MS Access for about 13 years, nothing better for us. I've tried other programs, but I really like the flexibility of creating new forms, q's, and reports. We're even using Access for many accounting functions now as well.

I'm not a programmer, but as long as you have less than 5 to 10 users, you'll be ok.

Good luck,

Chris
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Craig Sjoquist

I'm just learning accounting software ... so that's great that able to program in a custom forms at such a young age way cool ..keep at your endeavor knows that I wished starting while still in school I be way ahead from when I did start at 25 cool go for it.

Dentafrice

Hope so, there's just so much I wish I could learn. There's no decent sign shops around here, and the only one there is hates me.. (used to buy vinyl from him [heavily marked up] then he realized I was making money off of it).

So I can't really learn the actual installation procedures, or creation of large signs.. so I'm pretty much just stuck on my own and what I can read.

ChiknNutz

In 2003, I started with an Excel spreadsheet I made up, then moved onto MS Access in about 2005. I now sell both of them to the sign industry under the name GraphixCALC. They're both based on lots of input from others as well as my own experience and opinions of how to go about it. Looks like you've got a pretty good start on one, nice job!

Last edited:

Dentafrice

Yeah I downloaded GraphicCALC.. it seems awesome! It's just too much for what I do..

I've always liked tailoring software around myself, then the opposite way around. GraphixCALC has some pretty awesome features though, based on MS Access I can see :).