• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Traffic Sign Supplier

SAR.Summerlin

So we have the chance to bid on a large 1000+ traffic sign project but we need a supplier who can manufacture these for us (we are only a 4 man operation.) Does any one know a company that is capable of doing this at wholesale or competitive prices?

:thankyou:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya better find someone real close, cause that baby will cost a small fortune in freight.

SignosaurusRex

Zumar Industries is a major supplier of Traffic Signs. They do custom order stuff as well. They have a plant in Phoenix as well as Santa Fe Springs Calif.
and do have to-the-trade pricing which is not bad.

SAR.Summerlin

Zumar Industries is a major supplier of Traffic Signs. They do custom order stuff as well. They have a plant in Phoenix as well as Santa Fe Springs Calif.
and do have to-the-trade pricing which is not bad.

Thanks I passed this on to the boss man and he will check them out along with a couple others that contacted me directly. You guys rock.

GB2

Old Member
Please come back and let us know what the result of your research and bid were. From my minor experience with such bids in the past, I found that anyone capable of producing and supplying signs of that type and quantity were usually bidding themselves...and at rates that you could not think about competing with.

aluminumwelder

eastern metal suply

Easternmetalsupply.com
sells the sign blanks for your common octagon stop signs, triangle and rectangular yield signs.

My guess is ordering the blanks from them locally and then getting vinyl applied locally would be the cheapest method of mass production?

Tom Dalton

Traffic signs are screen printed (when in large quantity). So, they don't use cut vinyl lettering. Unfortunately, what GB2 said is often the case... but, not always.

Tom
SignsDirect

Easternmetalsupply.com
My guess is ordering the blanks from them locally and then getting vinyl applied locally would be the cheapest method of mass production?

Mosh

Please come back and let us know what the result of your research and bid were. From my minor experience with such bids in the past, I found that anyone capable of producing and supplying signs of that type and quantity were usually bidding themselves...and at rates that you could not think about competing with.

I don't even bother bidding these jobs anymore because of this. Outside of a one off street sign, no way a small shop can compete.