• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Water Bottle Labels

Okay, I have been asked about doing 500 custom water bottle labels, and applying them to 500 water bottles, removing the old ones. Customer supplies the water bottles. Printed and contour cut no lamination, the bottles are going in the trash after use.

What do you think ballpark for a price on this job? Also, they have to have them by next Friday.

TheSnowman

I'd try to find a kid to put them on that wanted a few extra bucks. I'd say $1.00 each maybe? I guess it depends whose time you are wasting putting them on. If it was me personally, I'd be around $2+ a bottle, but I don't have the patience for it.

Letterbox Mike

We do this from time to time for people, budget about 1 minute per bottle to remove the old label and install the new one.

FYI, if the bottles haven't been purchased yet, Home Depot sells 24 packs of Hinkley Springs water that are good for this. The label is paper and it just has one spot of glue holding it in place so it's really quick and easy to get them off, vs adhesive labels on some bottles that take forever to peel. And it's about $4 per 24 pack so they're not terribly expensive.

And thanks for reminding me, I've got about 1500 bottles sitting here we need to label for us that I've been putting off forever... Ugh.

Pat Whatley

Tedious but not really a big deal. I did cases and cases and cases of them for my wedding. You can get in a rhythm and knock out 4 or 5 a minute. Of course if I had to do it again I'd pay some high school kid to do it for me.

One thing to keep in mind is they can order them online for around 85¢ a bottle plus shipping so they may scream when you give them a price.

They do normally get them somewhere else, but apparently due to the fact they need them a week from tomorrow, they cannot get them through their normal channel.

Letterbox Mike

Mike, what are you using for the labels? Media that is.

Cheapest crap I can find, honestly... Usually Grimco's Briteline 3302 econ with matching laminate (we laminate these just because it makes them ten times easier to apply vs. unlaminated).

J

john1

Cheapest crap I can find, honestly... Usually Grimco's Briteline 3302 econ with matching laminate (we laminate these just because it makes them ten times easier to apply vs. unlaminated).

Hey now, don't be knocking the BriteLine :thumb:

Switching to Oracal here soon though lol