• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Customer asked for this and I'm not sure?

Val47

His design not mine. You can't fix stupid.
Sometimes you can intercept a stupid plan before it's executed. Have you tried?
if your using something as rigid as 10mm coro, you could make the bottom 12" or so solid - no fancy cut, and use something like a mighty mount
images

If these things were standing in a vestibule or a conference room I'd say that might work but these are going outside and will be up against winds of all kinds of gusts

Val47

gotcha.

I hope his legs aren't spread too far apart.

Of course, if it's permanently outside, it will probably be vandalized. When it is, will you please post pictures?

ikarasu

I'd use a 9mm blade, not a kitchen knife :)
No love for the kitchen knife?! It's all we use. We do lots of thick reflective... so a 9mm blade wont cut it straight. Once you get used to a knife, it's 10x faster than a 9mm... Works on everything except coroplast and leaves a cleaner edge than a knife!

Val47

No love for the kitchen knife?! It's all we use. We do lots of thick reflective... so a 9mm blade wont cut it straight. Once you get used to a knife, it's 10x faster than a 9mm... Works on everything except coroplast and leaves a cleaner edge than a knife!
I was picturing a butter knife. but your talking about something more like this....?

ikarasu

I was picturing a butter knife. but your talking about something more like this....?
For the life of me I cant find a video.... I spent an hour, thats enough time!

A knife like this. You use it and push forward and it'll trim alupanel / aluminum really fast with a perfect cut. We never use snapoffs to trim, it's kind of impossible on the thicker reflective... and this way is just way faster, even on painted plywood. It takes a little bit of practice... but its worth it. A chefs knife, or anything that doesnt have stamped edges works best. You should take a kitchen knife to work one day and give it a try!

butchers-knife.jpg

Val47

For the life of me I cant find a video.... I spent an hour, thats enough time!

A knife like this. You use it and push forward and it'll trim alupanel / aluminum really fast with a perfect cut. We never use snapoffs to trim, it's kind of impossible on the thicker reflective... and this way is just way faster, even on painted plywood. It takes a little bit of practice... but its worth it. A chefs knife, or anything that doesnt have stamped edges works best. You should take a kitchen knife to work one day and give it a try!

I like my retractable snap off knives 9 & 18 because I like to keep my regular-need tools handy. I wear cargo pants and fill up my pockets. squeegees, pens, blades, clip a measuring tape to my pocket. I run around the studio enough, don't need to run around looking for tools. Though I do that too anyway. I might try this big knife idea. gonna have to get a sheath to carry it around in! :)

SignEST

Why do that when you can be a madman and just cut everything with a fully extended blade? Gotta keep the foreman on his toes and the safety guy employed.

Here is what the other member has done for some of his customers. He said he's provided many of these over the last few years. If I have this right they are first cut out on a CNC machine along with a template, then put though his flatbed and printed both sides. You can see it's attached at the ear and a based plate. This is about 7' tall. Exactly what my customer wants. We've had some very high winds in the last 2 months and these withstood it all.

cut-out sample.jpg

Now he asked me if I wanted 4 pass or 8 pass. He explained the difference but all I got was one prints basically twice as fast but still puts down almost the same amount of ink.

Is one better than the other? These are going out in fields so no one is going to be right up on them as far as I know. The 8 pass because of taking longer will cost a little more too.

Lian901

Use Jigsaw, It is the perfect tool to cut wood, mild still and aluminum smoothly.
For working user friendly and perfect, I'm using Bosch and Its working effective and reliable.