• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer asked me to get him Anniversary Invitations

abadsvt

One of my normal customers asked me for a favor today. He asked if i do Anniversary Invitations and I told him no that is more the printing industry than the sign side. He asked if i could still help him find some nice invitations and he would pay for them plus a little for my self. Since i like his normal sign business i told him sure i'll see what i can find. So since i never bought invitations before i was curious if anyone on here ever used any online stores and they came out good? I was hoping to use an online store since they generally a few dollars cheapers so i can add a little more to the cost so it is worth my time. Any suggestions on companies i should look into? Thanks ahead of time guys and girls!

Josh

jfiscus

Rap Master
You must have forgotten that you also do this, lol.
The design is $XXX and the printing cost is $XXXX (local printing company price + markup).
We have 3 local printers that will send me a quote back in a few minutes after we send out a request. (going with the lowest bid) We then charge for the design and mark up the printing cost a bit; the printer should cut you a bit of a break cost-wise as they know you have to make something on the job. This also makes you a (unpaid) "sales rep" for the printing company. Have these same printing companies sell your services in return for you and you have a win-win situation.

artsnletters

on a similar note, i designed my daughters' graduation announcements on Photoshop (inside and out), sourced envelopes, had them printed by one of the many, many wholesale printers available to us (in 4/4 full color w/ gloss UV)...ended up saving a ton of money and having a truly one of a kind product that made my daughter proud. If i would have had a clue i would have approached her fellow students with a price list/brochure in Dec or Jan before graduation and made a boatload of cash! Doing the same for anniversary announcements shouldn't be a problem.
Tim

Go to your local Minuteman Press. They carry the Carlson line and have huge binders full of things to choose from. My Father owned a Minuteman Press for a while and they sold that stuff like crazy.