• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer canceled check for wrap

Malkin

So, if I bought something.... anything...... and paid for it by check, it gets delivered and it's not to my suiting, I'm stuck with it ??

Seriously, I'm not doubting what y'all are saying, it's just that I didn't know a check was that final, if something went wrong.

So, if you don't get what you want and paid, you're basically screwed, regardless of what the person on the other end might've done to you..... on purpose or by accident ??

Caveat Emptor

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you buy something with cash and you're not happy with it can you just take the cash back?

Yes. I go back to the store, tell them what's wrong with it and I get my money back if I give them a good reason. Even without a sales receipt. I just watched three people today in front of me at Lowes return things and each of them got their money back. One guy returned a door. Now who goes out and buys a door without knowing they want it or not ?? He did..... and he got a full refund. Another guy had a can of paint and you could see it was opened. He didn't have a receipt and still got store credit. The other guy returned a package of floor tiles. Full cash refund.

So, yes, you can get your money back if you're not satisfied. Therefore, I just thought if you called the bank and told them to cancel the transaction in time, you could do so if you thought you had been wronged.

Some of the things some of you are talking about has to do with real estate. It's not always the same for each and every case. That's all I'm saying. I'm gonna go home and fill up on some Bushmill and I'll let ya know what I come up with tomorrow.

:clapping:

Pat Whatley

So, if I bought something.... anything...... and paid for it by check, it gets delivered and it's not to my suiting, I'm stuck with it ??

Seriously, I'm not doubting what y'all are saying, it's just that I didn't know a check was that final, if something went wrong.

So, if you don't get what you want and paid, you're basically screwed, regardless of what the person on the other end might've done to you..... on purpose or by accident ??

You're combining two separate events Gino.

Accepting the check is not accepting payment for the job. Accepting the check is an agreement between you and the person who wrote it that says you are allowed to go to his bank and take money out of his account. Checks have no monetary value, they are merely a way for him to communicate with the bank.

By stopping payment on the check they violated the understood terms of the legal document (the check)....those terms are simply that the bearer is allowed to take X amount out of the writer's account.

By the way, stores are not legally required to give you refunds on returned merchandise.

ucmj22

Yes. I go back to the store, tell them what's wrong with it and I get my money back if I give them a good reason. Even without a sales receipt. I just watched three people today in front of me at Lowes return things and each of them got their money back. One guy returned a door. Now who goes out and buys a door without knowing they want it or not ?? He did..... and he got a full refund. Another guy had a can of paint and you could see it was opened. He didn't have a receipt and still got store credit. The other guy returned a package of floor tiles. Full cash refund.

So, yes, you can get your money back if you're not satisfied. Therefore, I just thought if you called the bank and told them to cancel the transaction in time, you could do so if you thought you had been wronged.

Some of the things some of you are talking about has to do with real estate. It's not always the same for each and every case. That's all I'm saying. I'm gonna go home and fill up on some Bushmill and I'll let ya know what I come up with tomorrow.

a couple of things here that make this analogy non applicable.
1. those people were returning items in accordance with stated return policies.
2. those people brought the purchased item back to exchange for the return of their money.
3. none of those people were returned cash without receipt, guaranteed.
4. had any of those people given a check as payment then canceled the check before returning the merchandise, they would have had charges already filed against them.