• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Design Logo

JMPrinting

Customer wanted to design his own logo, I give him credit for trying....but how am I supposed to use this for signs, vinyl...ect? It was designed in....MS Paint.

New business, wants to save money...I think this might be a freebie on the house for me to design a clean copy...I just can't use this and put my name on the finished products...

I know there will be a lot of mixed answers, how would you handle this? I'm not incredibly busy so I could squeeze in 15 minutes to design it right...

Attachments

• 10439535_265692866952166_6022246978983980372_n.jpg
    10439535_265692866952166_6022246978983980372_n.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 83

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd let him know it's not cut-ready and offer to redraw it for a reasonable amount.
Is the name of the company "Spot Videos" or "Videos Spot"?
One to many "S"s in there if it is the latter (I think).

wayne k
guam usa

OADesign

Easy way out:
Spend 7.5 min (15 is too long) to vectorize and clean up the logo. Complete order. Next project.
Just don't claim the baby. And don't put it in your portfolio.

The Road less traveled:
Spend 15 mins to create something you feel is better than the customer supplied art. If they are satisfied with the current logo they should be more than impressed with your (15 min of) work.
Complete order. Next project. Claim the baby and proudly add it to your portfolio as a before and after.

Now you will have a story to tell/sell the next customer on full bore pricing for a logo. You may also have a repeat customer who will trust your judgement on the next order.

OldPaint

you new at this i take it. to simple to handle that.
1. PRINT THAT "THING" as big as you can on an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper.
2.now lay a sheet of tracing paper over it.
3.tape the tracing paper to the print so it dont move.
4.take a #4 pencil.......slowly trace over the outside line of the 2 sorta yin-young objects. DONT WORRY BOUT THE TEXT!!!
5. remove tracing paper from print........replace with a white sheet of paper, and go over the pencil line with a new sharpie.........
6. put that in your scanner and the take into COREL or anyprogram that you have that will trace.........TRACE IT. SAVE IT AS A VECTOR cdr, cmx, ai, eps.
7. import into corel now you have the objects.....put hairlines on it clean up any un needed crap.........ADD NEW TEXT and group........wala 15 MINUTES...at most..........

S'N'S

IF you are going to use it, wouldn't you put SPOT first?

Attachments

• Spot.jpg
    Spot.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 66

Marlene

took what S'N'S did and removed the pointy things and just left the spots

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 61

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
All of the above looks like some sort of bizarre interpretation of the bat signal. Try for some whimsy instead. Not necessarily the typography, the colors, or the image as shown below, just the direction change.

spot_videos.jpg

Here is what I would present to the customer and then explain why this works and their logo doesn't.

Attachments

• spot logo 1.jpg
    spot logo 1.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 65
  • spot logo 2.jpg
    spot logo 2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 78

Marlene

Groundbreaking!

some times a design doesn't suck enough to totally throw out and can't be saved by just tweaking it some. the customer didn't ask for a total redesign and considered what they had was good to go. it only takes a minute to tweak out a design and suggest that to the customer.

Here is what I would present to the customer and then explain why this works and their logo doesn't.
not too sure how this works better and their logo doesn't, care t explain?

TimToad

Where's Robin, the boy wonder?

Those shapes keep reminding me either of Batman or the thing us old timers used to put in the center of 45's to get them on a turntable right.