• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Driving Me Nuts

Got a problem customer that I'm dealing with. Went to first appointment with her, she is naming other designers and sign makers in town that she has worked with and they couldn't give her what she needed. One of them is slow to getting back to her.

Red Flag pops up.

She shows me pictures of some signs she likes. Wants just printed foam core signs she is going to hang on the walls. Easy enough. I have our designer come up with a few concepts - they look awesome - customer hates them.

Now customer says to me she wants cut out letters so that they stick out from wall. Nothing she originally talked about. Wants quote for us to supply the letters or supply her "foam" that she can cut the letters out from "to save money"

Before I officially run from the customer - do some of you have sources for pre-cut letters? This is nothing that we deal with - can't say I even want to - just curious what already exists for this.

Oh yeah, she has like 20 signs she wants done and her budget is $500 to $1000 -- which is laughable...

Jean Shimp

[

"She shows me pictures of some signs she likes. Wants just printed foam core signs she is going to hang on the walls. Easy enough. I have our designer come up with a few concepts - they look awesome - customer hates them."

Hope you got paid for your designers time. Sounds like you should cut your losses and move on.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cut your losses now, while you don't have much invested.

$500 to $1,000 budget for 20 some signs ?? That's like $25 a pop or as high as $50 a pop. Hardly seems worth, even talking to her.

Yep, get outta there..... and fast.

yes she paid for her designs -- she wanted us to design - but she still wanted to use her old sign guy who already made these signs that she hated and wanted him to re do

I really didn't care about her budget to make the signs - cause I had money in hand for the designs

CanuckSigns

when a new customer comes in complaining about another shop, it is ALWAYS a red flag for me, it means the other shop was smart enough to ditch this customer.

Pippin Decals

yes she paid for her designs -- she wanted us to design - but she still wanted to use her old sign guy who already made these signs that she hated and wanted him to re do

So She wants her sign guy to do them but she hates him? lol... I would ditch the *$&%&. Definitely a problem from those words she said ... lol.

ExecuPrintGS

If any of you reside in Wisconsin - maybe you have already dealt with this lady....

lol

Im dealing with her right now also... ok, maybe not the exact same person, but someone who is completely unrealistic. She called the shop wednesday screaming because it had been 24 hours and i hadn't replied to her email (i was out for a funeral of a friend), when my co worker told her why i was out she asked for my cell phone number so she could call and ask me her question that was so important... :noway:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Im dealing with her right now also... ok, maybe not the exact same person, but someone who is completely unrealistic. She called the shop wednesday screaming because it had been 24 hours and i hadn't replied to her email (i was out for a funeral of a friend), when my co worker told her why i was out she asked for my cell phone number so she could call and ask me her question that was so important... :noway:

Ya know, I lost a good customer like that. My father passed away and I was at the funeral. We had a truck scheduled to letter the day of the funeral and with arrangements, preparations and all the other things involved, I never called the guy, but then, I didn't know I was supposed to. He showed up and wanted to talk to me and I wasn't there and he blew his stack and said he'd never come back with my sh!tty attitude. There were four employees in the shop that day, who anyone of them could've gotten his truck done, but he wouldn't tell them without talking to me first and he just said..... F*ck It and stormed away. He went out of business about 2 years later and all I ever heard about him was..... he never got over going-out-a-business and just withered away. That was 16 years ago.

player

Ya know, I lost a good customer like that. My father passed away and I was at the funeral. We had a truck scheduled to letter the day of the funeral and with arrangements, preparations and all the other things involved, I never called the guy, but then, I didn't know I was supposed to. He showed up and wanted to talk to me and I wasn't there and he blew his stack and said he'd never come back with my sh!tty attitude. There were four employees in the shop that day, who anyone of them could've gotten his truck done, but he wouldn't tell them without talking to me first and he just said..... F*ck It and stormed away. He went out of business about 2 years later and all I ever heard about him was..... he never got over going-out-a-business and just withered away. That was 16 years ago.

Things could have been completely different if only you had lettered his truck.

T_K

I'm impressed she paid for design time. From the customers I've had like that, you put in a lot of time and get screwed, or you get out early.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
She showed you photos of signs she would like, show her extruded letters you can supply and stay within her budget
3d-letters.jpg

wayne k
guam usa

signgirl

Coming from a woman I have learned that we are the most difficult clients! Just the other day I met with one that wanted pricing on a store front. She had no file created or not exactly knowing what she wanted. I asked if she had a size in mind and her reply was.. Oh I don't know, something fun!( and we were not talking design) Smh! And her deadline is next week and I haven't seen a file nor a email. I'm not chasing this one down. If I don't have the files tomorrow I'm declining the job. I have other things to do without this type of irritation. Been in this game for 33 years, I'm tired and don't care lol

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Coming from a woman I have learned that we are the most difficult clients! Just the other day I met with one that wanted pricing on a store front. She had no file created or not exactly knowing what she wanted. I asked if she had a size in mind and her reply was.. Oh I don't know, something fun!( and we were not talking design) Smh! And her deadline is next week and I haven't seen a file nor a email. I'm not chasing this one down. If I don't have the files tomorrow I'm declining the job. I have other things to do without this type of irritation. Been in this game for 33 years, I'm tired and don't care lol

As a professional sign guy - What is a fun size for most women???
(asking for a friend):wink:

wayne k
guam usa