• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Driving Me Nuts

Vinyldog

I've had a local plastic place with a water-jet cutter make designs for me before out of acrylic and PVC. Just give them an EPS file like we use. There is also Gemini.
But, I've seen this type many times. They work their way around town alienating everyone until they eventually find you.
They are the last ones I would do something for that requires a special investment.

Marlene

Got a problem customer that I'm dealing with. Went to first appointment with her, she is naming other designers and sign makers in town that she has worked with and they couldn't give her what she needed. One of them is slow to getting back to her.

Red Flag pops up.

She shows me pictures of some signs she likes. Wants just printed foam core signs she is going to hang on the walls. Easy enough. I have our designer come up with a few concepts - they look awesome - customer hates them.

Now customer says to me she wants cut out letters so that they stick out from wall. Nothing she originally talked about. Wants quote for us to supply the letters or supply her "foam" that she can cut the letters out from "to save money"

Before I officially run from the customer - do some of you have sources for pre-cut letters? This is nothing that we deal with - can't say I even want to - just curious what already exists for this.

Oh yeah, she has like 20 signs she wants done and her budget is $500 to $1000 -- which is laughable...

Polyplastic forms has a cheap indoor foam for interior use. I'd tell her no, we don't sell foam to cut your own, try a hobby store. as far as women being the worst I'd have to say we must be lucky as most of our best customers are women

300mphGraphics

This thread delivers!
Things could have been completely different if only you had lettered his truck.
She showed you photos of signs she would like, show her extruded letters you can supply and stay within her budget
attachment.php

wayne k
guam usa
As a professional sign guy - What is a fun size for most women???
(asking for a friend):wink:

wayne k
guam usa

TXFB.INS

as long as she is paying for the design time / edits then she can have as many changes as she wants.

if she is looking for cheap material and she plans on making the signs herself.
  1. send her here and she can ask how to do it :dog42

jman

Lol Sounds like customers around here.

I just had to run off a pain in the tookus customer the other day for a similar reason. Called me up wanting a 10x30' banner for his roof, Gave him a price of $900 and he said that sounds good.

I stop by his place to get a deposit and he asks for various pricing on smaller sizes and says he needs to talk with his partner. No big deal. Then he calls me up a week and half later asking "What can I get for $250, We just don't have that kind of money for a banner". I said that we can do a much smaller banner for $250 and he then proceeded to tell me I lied to him that on the phone I said $900 for a 10x30' and in person I said $500. I said well that's not what happened and as soon as he mentioned calling around after that I said "I appreciate your call but I don't think I am for you and feel free to call around and good luck with everything"

lol I am never really surprised anymore and I even bid it low due to 365 doing a banner special in July just to feel them out.