• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Files

CropMarks

The fine art of taking roadkill and trying to make it taste like filet mignon! :munchie:

My favorite is when a person at a major corporation sends me some thumbnail sized jpg and says that is all the company has. I got this once from a MAJOR sports drink maker. Huh... you mean that the company doesn't have a marketing department? The same company that has huge sports stars in their commercials? Another favorite is the ever so fun layout in Excel....

I don't get all that upset with them. I figure they are trying their best and I can charge a little more to find a version of their logo that will work or to recreate it if I can't find one. Fun stuff.

Jillbeans

I just got a Word document which featured a jpg of a fire patch with a number superimposed over it (Hellvetica)
Here let me just whip that right out in cut vynull!
Yes all I do is just push a button. It's that easy.
:)
Love....Jill

N2Harpz

My fave is when they stick a 1''x1'' jpg. in an EPS file and send it. Cause that's what I asked for !!!!!

CropMarks

we are dealing with a "Designers" pile of fun right now! You know things are just silly when the "Designer" made a logo for someone in Illustrator.... turned it into a low-res jpg.... and then placed that into another layout they were doing in Illustrator. And no, they didn't do it on purpose to avoid other designers from easily stealing or using the design.

After all... they paid 7 billion dollars to go to Kendall College, so that means they know what they are doing.

"Deposit Please"

I love it when they bring in their logo, and it's on a t shirt that was washed about 500 times & pieces of the logo are missing. I told him to go back and look on the bottom of the washer machine to find the missing pieces so i can put it back together for him.

round man

Customer: I just sent you a file of what I need,...

me: I looked at your file,its a 72 dpi jpg of a wrecker,its gonna looked like it was cut out with a chainsaw by the time I enlarge it for your 4x8 sign,....

customer:,...Can't you just enlarge it with the file I sent you? it looks great on my computer here,...

Me: repeat previous reply with estimate of charges that will apply to airbrush and enhance their postage stamp sized web pic to look decent once enlarged.

customer: I sent you a photo of what I wanted I don't understand why you just can't enlarge it and print it as it is,....

me: repeat previous reply for the third time and state that if they are unwilling to pay for redesign time then find a competitor who will do it cheaper,....

Customer: two days later after calling three of my competitors,...we decided that we'll just get you to do it but we would like to get a better bid on the redesign time,....

me : hows this for sound for a better price,...click(I hang up on them)

customer: a minute later,...my cell phone must have dropped our call and I missed the last part of the conversation where you were gonna give us a discount on the redesign costs,....

me: no you didn't because I didn't and will not discount my hourly rate,...will you take an hourly pay cut when you have to buy signage to reduce the cost to your firm?

customer: well no I shouldn't have to I am only an employee,....

me: click(hang up the phone)

customer: four minutes later,....well we discussed the cost and have approved your bid,...do you think you can have it ready by friday? It's wednesday afternoon at four pm

me: ,...click.
I feel sorry for some of them secretaries at times,...

Last edited:

gnatt66

i got a call from a designer that asked me for a lighweight flat substrate to apply the signs she got from another source.

i said....why not just apply them?

"they cost too much to just apply when they are going to paint in a few months"

wow i said, then i offered a few suggestions. she didnt like any of my non-perfect scenerios.

i suggested she have me print her files next time (boy i wonder what she paid for them cause a 22" round print that i quoted $40ish RTA was WAY less) and she wouldnt have to treat them like they were solid gold.

she said i wasnt "in her brain yet"

ugh.