• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer HAS TO stop in....

Mosh

Customer: I have a "logo" I designed on "Vistaprint" can I bring it in and show you?

ME: Just e-mail it to me

Customer: I can't, bla bla bla

So when the customer comes in and holds her phone out to show me this masterpeice I ask her if I can get a copy so I can work her something up. Sure, she can E-MAIL IT TO ME!!!!!! There is an hour I will never get back, sad thing is this happens 3-4 times a day...they just have to STOP IN!!!!

PRS Bryan

She just wanted to see your reaction in person.

Sure we are paid to produce products, but we are also paid for our opinions and contributions to the design process.

I would charge her and hour and be glad she actually cares enough to contribute.

I think it is cute.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I get them all the time ... sadly, all they are looking for is someone who is friendly and can give them the time of day to do what they want. Customer service, really. I just suck it up, factor in that time when I quote and the world is good.

John Butto

Are these all women stopping in to see you Mosh. Maybe you can start a hot yoga studio in your shop. Your my hero, just think what the women in Nebraska would pay to hang with you.

2B

Are these all women stopping in to see you Mosh. Maybe you can start a hot yoga studio in your shop. Your my hero, just think what the women in Nebraska would pay to hang with you.

you can hire EDNA to be the instructor and have her to the classes in her hot pants

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Green, yellow lunchbox with undertones of laxative propulsion teal waterdrops for high/low tension telegraph polish cans of purple immediate red turnips.

peavey123

I rarely run into this, but I don't know how many contractors have brought in their business cards from Vista Print and they are all the exact same! -Hammer hand. Grungy looking card. At least they realize vista print is crappy.

fresh

I have the opposite problem this week. A new client called me about coming out for a coming soon site sign. "A nice sign with wood posts and a 3x5 panel." I ask about their budget before rushing out the door. This is something I do with everyone lately. Their budget, installed, is about $350. Um, yeah, not going to happen.

So I suggest that we just make them the sign panel, and they purchase the posts from HD and install it all themselves. Great. Well, this guy is having someone in his office do the layout. First they send me a flattened (tiny) psd file . Then they send me a jpg: 3"x5" at 72 dpi.

EREREGSJSLFSDLFJFSDFL/ i am not printing that without a signed proof showing how bad it is going to look at 6 DPI. SIX.

Jillbeans

I keep getting calls from people wanting to buy stuff from me, such as step stakes, blank coroplast etc.
I am so sick of dealing with these people that I feel like hurting someone.
It's the same old "We really want you to do our (banner, logo, truck lettering, you name it)"
Then once you quote them a price based on their vague descriptions they run screaming into the night.
I don't want to be mean, I don't want to over-educate the customer so they can take that knowledge to the local hacks, and I'm sick of spit lubing handjob courting someone only to have them hook up with someone else.
Measured a sign for someone quoted them a price then I drive down the road seeing they have bought atrocious (illegal too) banners elsewhere.
Women wanting to stop by so I can look at their coro sign, then watching them twitch when I say it will be $25.
Trying to be polite when someone calls, asks about a service I do not do, then gets p*ssy with me after I suggest a shop that does but do not know their phone number.
All this right after coming home from the Walldog meet, feeling all good inside.
Blah.
Love.....Jill

JR's

I don't want to be mean, I don't want to over-educate the customer so they can take that knowledge to the local hacks, and I'm sick of sp it lubing handjob co urting someone only to have them hook up with someone else.
l

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: hay Jill can I get a price. ;-} :rolleyes:

JR

Jillbeans

One recent client (I will never show their signs to anyone) came carrying a print-out from eSigns, for whom I used to do layouts (and was happy for the work)
They had their own little eSigns version of one of my ideas squished and stretched and looking like crap.
:ROFLMAO:

SignManiac

The sign biz is perceived as a commodity. All you do it push the button in their eyes plus the fact that the hacks have driven the prices down and that is now the expected value of a sign. Whatever the lowest guy charges sets the price for the industry.