• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Mask Requirements

fresh

We're in one of the areas that were hardest hit so take that into consideration.

We're still not allowing people in the store to "shop" or get consultations. If you can't do it via email or phone, either wait or go somewhere else. We are allowing pickups and drop offs in a gated off area. We ask everyone to wear a mask. Too many people weren't because they were "just popping in" but I've had multiple people come for pickups and remove their mask while talking. One guy had his mask on his forehead the whole time. I'm baffled by the indifference of others. Compared to being locked down, wearing a mask for 5-10 minutes is barely an inconvenience.

There are a few reasons why I'm not open for consultations/shopping:

1. The effort to clean up after customers. If I don't allow people in, I can keep a normal cleaning schedule. If I do, I need to constantly sanitize.

2. 90-95% of the work can be done via email or phone. Yes, as a B&M shop, one of the biggest selling points is the in person transaction, but this is out of our control. It's simply something we have to adapt to.

3. People aren't doing the right thing. I've found people really struggle to talk with their mask. They find it annoying. So if I'm working with someone for 15-20 minutes, I can tell you a reasonable number of them will adjust their mask so that it's not covering their face properly. Not to mention, people are terrible at social distancing.

same, same, same. I'm in NJ too. I have let one person, who I consider a friend, into the shop because i'm her print contractor and we needed to color match something, so it took time making adjustments and proofs. Other than that, we do all of our business outside. I have a wagon outside my door that I put stuff in for pickup. I don't ever want anyone in my shop ever again :)

peerlessdani

I can't speak to what's happening in Oklahoma, but here in Missouri, though the number of cases has continued to be added to every day, and a small handful die each day, the number in the hospital has been declining the last 2 weeks. What we're seeing is that rural counties which had not had many cases or none previously are now having them. And the big numbers we've seen of new cases have come from meatpacking plants where they've been going through and testing all the employees, hundreds each day who are asymptomatic or only have mild symptoms, and test positive (out of thousands at the plant). Also the age range of the newer positive cases has been in the 20-40 range now, and few of these people are very sick. Most all of them are just having to go stay home for two weeks, and had they not been doing wholesale testing, nobody would ever have known they would test positive, as they would never had gone in to get tested.
I am from Nevada, Missouri ! Nice to see another Missourian here LOL. Our numbers here in Nevada have been growing as well but it's expected with bars open, bowling and church services.