• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Requested

Jolie

I have a customer who wants to have his name in the font that Sammy Hagar/Red Rocker uses for his R (customer name Robert and he is fan so I think the R is the key). I admit I know nothing about Sammy Hagar or the R. I found a picture of it on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Sammy-Hagar-Red...9086039QQihZ015QQcategoryZ22671QQcmdZViewItem

I seems to be a brush font of some sort, does anyone know it? Or is this a copyright logo? I am thinking no and google doesnt seem to be helping me this evening.

Thanks for any help!
Jari

eta: I found out its trademark, is trademark and copyright the same? Still googling.

R08

Trademark has to do with artwork and the look of something. Copyright usually has to do with written words and music. i.e. artwork used in marketing is usually trademarked. Books and songs are copyrighted.

So, in this case the actual artwork of the "R" is a registered trademark and stricly speaking you can't copy it without the owner's permission.

good luck.

Jolie

Thanks for the help guys! I will ask if he likes the reporter font (Thanks Fred) and if not let him know I am unable to help. I have no desire to get in any sort of trouble and I am still learning.

Jari

Shovelhead

:thumb:

Attachments

• Red_Rocker_Logo.jpg
    Red_Rocker_Logo.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 62