• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer sent a money order, I didn't get it. Any options?

J

john1

Hey guys, I had a customer who said they didn't accept pay pal send me a money order they bought from the USPS about 2 weeks ago. I haven't received anything yet and they said "just forget the order, if the money shows up enjoy the $xx.xxx for your troubles"

This is a guy who has done a few small orders with me before but i would like to take care of him and get my money.

What can he do here since he sent a usps money order but it never got to the destination?

iSign

what can HE do?
he can do whatever HE wants, and it sounds like he already made a decision...

what can YOU do? ...well, if it's that small of an order.. send him the order & say Merry Christmas!

...that way if you get the $ ... (I mean this is the busiest time of year at the post office) ...you will feel good... where otherwise if you finally get it, you would feel indebted (or at least I would)

Locals Find!

I believe he can contact the USPS and they can issue a stop payment on it just like a check and re-issue one. There might be a fee involved. I know you can do this with western union money orders. So it shouldn't be too much different. Worth giving it a shot. He doesn't have anything to lose at this point.

shakey0818

Wait for it to come in,cash it,go get a nice bottle of scotch and email him thanking him for the holiday toast.:toasting:PS re-email him asking for another check for some Chaser Pluss Hangover pills.:ROFLMAO:

Mosh

Was this for an order of 50 banners that say "Jesus saves"??? Let me guess he will take care of the shipping....

mark galoob

my question is did you do the work, and now payment has not arrived? if this is the case, its not your responsibility to get you the money, its his. if it has not arrived, it is his responsibility to pay you regardless if po lost check or not...

i would not hold on to much hope po can find it...

mark galoob

J

john1

No work is done, he sent for some cards so i was awaiting payment first, of course.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I would ask him to scan the receipt of the money order and check the date of the process. If he really purchased the money order, i would say 99% of time he really mailed you the check. If he cannot provide the scan copy; i guess you might want to cut the guy loose as customer. But now you can stop payment of the usps; that a good idea.

Francis
www.fieldcenteursa.com
We have banner stands now!

Farmboy

"My wife sent the check out today" two days later the guy calls and wants to know how the orders coming, it'll be coming along just fine as soon as that check gets here I tell him. "Well I need to add a few more things, I'll stop by and pay for the whole thing today...can you do anything for me if I bring cash?" I've already given you my best price. "Ok, I'll be by later." He came by and paid in full. I really wanted to but never did ask what I should do with the check his wife sent out if it ever made it. Ha!