• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer sent me this ad/price

victor bogdanov

I don't do a lot of coroplast but with some quick math could still match the price and make a bit of $$ doing this inhouse vs losing repeat customer.

thought of outsourcing This pricing is about 25% lower than the popular wholesalers on the forum.

What do you do when a customers shows you great pricing like this?

123.jpg

Problem is as soon as the customers phone hears them talking about a sign they start getting ads on FB/Instagram like this one

Last edited:

jimbug72

Well, I just did what I recommended, and the shipping is free, so I don't know how to approach that. It looks like it's a one time offer unless starting a subscription with the company makes sense for them, maybe tell them to get their one cheap run, and come see you for their next order?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Geeze, I had it wrong all these years. I thought the idea was to make money. Not squeak by.

Tell ya what, you figure it out and make 'em as cheap as ya can and I'll keep doing them how I'm used to and not work like a fool.

$3.00 each and packing & shipping is free..... oh and the monkey work, paperwork and overhead, too.

victor bogdanov

Geeze, I had it wrong all these years. I thought the idea was to make money. Not squeak by.

Tell ya what, you figure it out and make 'em as cheap as ya can and I'll keep doing them how I'm used to and not work like a fool.

$3.00 each and packing & shipping is free..... oh and the monkey work, paperwork and overhead, too.
They probably paid $50 for the coro, $30 for the stakes and $50 shipping, $20 ink. material/shipping cost = $150

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Is anyone else getting this popup when you first visit the site?
THAT'S how you compete with a company like this, even if only temporarily.

I honestly hate that business model, makes us all look bad. Especially with coroplast signs, customers don't really care about quality when it comes to something disposable.

If you can't touch the pricing (I sure wouldn't try) then at least you can surely do better with turnaround time.

Attachments

• crapeze.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 39

weyandsign

Is anyone else getting this popup when you first visit the site?
THAT'S how you compete with a company like this, even if only temporarily.

I honestly hate that business model, makes us all look bad. Especially with coroplast signs, customers don't really care about quality when it comes to something disposable.

If you can't touch the pricing (I sure wouldn't try) then at least you can surely do better with turnaround time.
They order the signs from Temu then double the price.

CanuckSigns

That's cheaper than sinalite, not even counting the stakes, either they are sourcing direct from China, or they are breaking even at best. I know some shops will run things at cost during slow times just to keep their employees employed through slow times, but with the election coming up, I highly doubt the coroplast sign business is slow right now.

victor bogdanov

I would imagine they're running something like an inca onset with the robotic arms going straight to a cutter with minimal human contact or one of those digitec/colex conveyor setups

Last edited:

tulsagraphics

Want a $3 sign? No prob... I'll farm out 1k polybags for ya. Outside of that... good luck.

Any customer that focuses solely on price will drop you to save a nickel. Zero loyalty. Do that job one time and they will beat you down for every other job. (oh -- I get minimum wage on this job -- and I get to repeat this scenario again in the future? Awesome!) Umm... no. Hell no.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
The customer will have to do the leg work, providing all of the right info and artwork. Something will get messed up or colors won't be what they wanted. Deadlines won't be met.

I think this gets cheaper because the process is becoming automated and there are less employees from start to finish but at this point, there are more mistakes.

I've had a few customers have issues by trying to save money recently and of course, they come to you to fix it.

Sign Pro Salina

We explain that we are a small shop and don't match online pricing. We are not setup to print the volume that these type of companies are doing. There is no way we are going to be able to purchase the materials and make signs to meet or beat that price, even outsourcing from reputable suppliers. We are here to make money, not be nickeled & dimed to death by cheap skates. There's no profit to be made there. They can order from us and get a quality product that we stand behind with our almost 30 years of experience, or they can order online from these ultra cheap companies and get questionable products then & pay more when they have to come back to us to fix any problems that arise from being penny pinchers.

Eforcer

I don't do a lot of coroplast but with some quick math could still match the price and make a bit of $$ doing this inhouse vs losing repeat customer.

thought of outsourcing This pricing is about 25% lower than the popular wholesalers on the forum.

What do you do when a customers shows you great pricing like this?

View attachment 174361

Problem is as soon as the customers phone hears them talking about a sign they start getting ads on FB/Instagram like this one
You shouldn't be worried about recieving these types of ads. Let them go to them. I want a min of $36 for 1 sided + setup There are so many that will do work for pennies just to stay alive. Remember we live on our margins. You start cutting them, you will start packing.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You tell your client something on the order of "That's where you ought to buy these sorts of signs" and move on to something that actually makes money. If at all avoidable, try to never compete. Your shop, your prices, don't compromise them.