• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer Wants Design Files

Kelsey Adams

I did a bunch of designs for another small business and they were specifically for cornhole boards. I have decided to cut ties with this company due to reasons that I don't care to explain, but he wants the designs so they can be reproduced later down the line. Is this something you would do? I didn't charge a design fee, I just charged him per pair printed for boards. Thoughts?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I shared my "what would I do" in one of your other threads.
... please don't post the same question multiple times. You might get treated like a spambot....

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is a difference between you designing (even charging) for production and designing for copyright release. Just because you charge a client for your time to develop a design to be produced does not automatically entitle them to your files.

If you want to release the artwork, you should charge them and provide a complete release to them.