• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer wants graphic on vinyl table

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
Our local Fire Dept has round black vinyl tables in their lounge area that are going to be used for eating. They want an 18" round "In Memory of" graphic in the center of each. I don't think decals would be a good long term solution with the grain of the surface plus the wear and cleaning these tables are going to get.
I was thinking of maybe a thin sheet of (acrylic or polycarbonate?) with 2nd surface graphics but I'm not sure how I would affix that, especially in such a way as to keep liquids from being able to seep under.
Or maybe printed Sintra with a laminate...

Anyone ever tackled a project anything like this?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have - what we did to increase durability was to use a polycarb laminate that was cut 1/2" larger than the print. Learned that trick for doing long term floor graphics years ago. Tricky to setup and do though.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Use a high tac vinyl designed for low energy plastics (3M, Avery, Oracal, Prizm, pretty much all have them), a polycarb or floor lam, and it helps to do like Sightline says to have the lam larger than the print.

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
So do you know if 3M 3662 with their floor lam would be good? I won't be able to make the lam oversize though as I would be ordering it from 365