• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer wants mags all over van, How can i handle this?

OldPaint

do what they want..........BUT BE SURE TO GIVE THEM THE 5/50 MAGNETIC WARRANTY IN WRITING ......
you did what they wanted, and any and all magnetics are temporary signs. you warranty is 5 MINUTES or 50 MPH.......once its applied to the vehicle. if magnetic blowes off or is stolen........WE DO NOT MAKE FREE REPLACEMENTS!!!!!

klemgraphics

I would give them my professional opinion that mags are not a good option most of the time, but if they continue to insist....take the money and do it. Just be sure to give them a care sheet so after a year they can't come back saying "I didn't know I had to clean behind them".

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I'm curious how a potential client would ever know that you did that job? If a truck is riding down the road that you hacked up on purpose or by accident, how would anyone know who did the work unless you stopped them and asked?

Heh, heh....

I've actually said to a customer (one I knew well)... "I'll do [whatever] for you, as long as you promise never to tell anyone where you got this... "

Baz

They also have their mind set on mags by the sound of it...

So maybe also offer them your professional opinion that if they have to use magnets, it should be kept clean and simple (like a chunky logo on a door or something).

Also don't forget to tell them about maintenance issues, potential to damage paint via user error/lack of care, and if they drive with them, the added bonus of them flying off if the corners dog-ear (although you should be rounding corners, this can still happen with mags if they are roughly handled every day).

Maybe just take an all care/no responsibility approach. Sometimes that's enough to show them that you don't have confidence in the solution...

This is the best answer so far :thumb:

If they are hell bent on magnetics i would try to sell them a pair of door magnets or a little bigger to put on the side panels and a smaller on the back. Putting the entire message on one magnetic with a nice clean layout.

J

john1

Thanks everyone, I sent a email to the customer bashing mags and we will see what they say.

I'll keep you all posted :)

J

john1

Well, talked them out of mags. I am waiting for their "artist" to send over the vector format files. This can go good or bad lol

Thanks everyone

J

john1

Well, got 50% deposit and got vector files that were exactly what i needed. Amazing lol

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Do it and take the money. They'll just find someone else if you don't do it. Don't waste your time on this with pro/con lists. get some green in your pocket and move on.

And post pics!

+1, most you have to tell them is magnetics are for temporary use only and price for both on the vehicle and on magnetics. Otherwise do the job to the best of your ability.