• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customers in production areas

JBurton

Signtologist
drive around our property
Best investment with some covid money was a powered sliding 40' gate. Lets me drive the forklift straight through with 25' stock, plus we have remotes for the gate so you don't have to get out of the truck to swing 2 15' gates open, plus all the yard space a sliding gate saves.
But to the point, now I can keep the gate shut without any real hassle, helps to keep snoopers out, and the semi's from pulling into the yard that they really don't want to drive into anyways, as it's always possibly full of screws from scrapping.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have more issues with my parking lot. I'm on the corner and one street has an opening and it goes past my shop and another opening on the other street. In summer I letter stuff outside and this summer 3 times I had to jerk back behind a truck and twice a trailer because a speeder came blasting through. I could count 15-25 cars every day zooming through so they don't have to stop at the stop sign. It saves them 3.1 seconds.

I finally put a sign up on each entry and the cops called me and asked what the problem is. I told them and they said they would be happy to give tickets. Since the signs, the traffic has cut down but I might put up a chain this year - the problem with that is some idiot will go through at night and rip it down with their car - which would be a good lesson LOL

gnubler

I installed casters on the bottoms of the shelving used to barricade my customer area, it was pretty tight as it was. Let's see how long it takes until someone leans against one and goes for a ride.

It was cheaper to cannibalize the 4-wheel creepers at Horror Freight than to buy actual casters. Screwed the casters onto 2x4 painted black that rest in the channel on the bottom shelf. Now these can double as mobile work surfaces too, if I need them.

Attachments

• 20240125_131019_1.jpg
    20240125_131019_1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 69
  • 20240125_131242.jpg
    20240125_131242.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 65

Signarama Jockey

Good luck! Unless you lock yourself in a room certain morons will still insist on breathing on you.

I CLEARLY have a counter, with 4 stools - you cannot miss it and I sit behind it facing the door. The counter is like 20' long. I sit in the middle. The photo is taken at teh door. Certain people will walk around the counter and think they need to talk to me 2' from my chair. There just isn't much else I can do. Typically I stand up and meet them at the "corner" and I will then lean on the end of the counter to block them.

SUPER ANNOYING!!!!!! I came to the conclusion that people are idiots. The freaking stools are there for a reason, sit down or stand up but don't come hang out with me!

View attachment 168557
Classy looking shop you got there.