• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

customer's "logo"...

Marlene

got a call from a guy who designed his "logo" and I do use that term loosely, on Vista-print. it is horrible and breaks every rule on the planet for a good logo. horrid graphic, horrid fonts. only thing that saves it is the red letters on the green make it too hard to look at so you can't really see the horrid fonts used. nice work Vista-print in letting people design their own hot mess from your nasty selection of crap to build from! who needs a designer when we have you out there making the world a little worse to live in everyday...rant over

Trip59

I found just about the only one worse than Vista Print the other day... Staples. Customer wanted the back window of his truck done to match 'the new logo and design' (I feel sick calling it that). I said "shouldn't be a problem, send it over and we'll go from there" and the reply was "Staples isn't done making them up yet, but they used a font that starts with an R, can you match it?"

I did ask for a couple of cards for my reference file, though I didn't tell him they're going in the section of the book marked "DO NOT DO THIS, EVER" where I put the worst of the worst to convince people that it's worth a few bucks of design time for their products.

Neighbor's kid was "gonna do it way cheaper than you will" and ordered 500 cards from VP. The text, in black, overlapped the 8 color logo he used so bad that the only way you could read more than half his first name and the area code was to hold it at an angle so the bronzing evident in the black caught the light...

I LOVE Vista Print, I get so many reworks from them, it's awesome, and by the time they come to me they're ready to pay just about whatever to get it done right :Big Laugh

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I will see your vista prints and staples and raise you a custominks designed shirt. What I love is getting a design e-mailed to me from a screenshot of a cell phone picture of the website when a person tells me "I have the artwork already" ... then I have to ask someone in the shop "is that a girl holding a sex toy?" ... horrible. That is my torment. I will never complain about someone bringing in a wrinkled business card again after having to decode what the heck is on the images people send me. OH, and the kicker ... they all want that shirt to look just like how they designed it ... until I show them what an actual real designer can do ... so I reproduce that steaming p.o.s. and in 1/15th the time slap together a quick design ... 3 out of 4 shirts they choose my design. but I still have a 25% fail rate at not sending crap out of my computer to get printed.