• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut 12mil

Flame

Have fun. Assuming pro shield here? Over 50% of the plotters on the market won't even cut through this stuff. I had a china cutter go through FIVE passes and not pull it off, and that was after 3 tries of even getting it to track right, as it'd usually make each pass slighty off of the one before...

J Hill Designs

Instead of trying to have it retrack through by pressing cut multiple times, just overlay CutContour lines and send it once (hope that made sense)

Flame

...and 70% of all statistics are made up

Those are my statistics, I have sent material to numerous manufactuers, have 2 brands of cutters here, have taken material to local suppliers...

12mil lam is a PAIIIIN. It's a hardened lam, so insanely tough to cut through.

TresL

We cut 4 full mx kits and around 200 hub decals this morn with my 300V.
all with 12 mil Pro shield.

It's all about speed & presure.

ackerman139

cutting a 15 mil lam with 6 or 4 mil base here on a soljet. no problemo. and i dont mean to brag..:rock-n-roll:

if full pressure isnt cutting through it, try a different (err i mean a NEW) sharper angle blade.

Gforce1

cutting a 15 mil lam with 6 or 4 mil base here on a soljet. no problemo. and i dont mean to brag..:rock-n-roll:

if full pressure isnt cutting through it, try a different (err i mean a NEW) sharper angle blade.

What are you using for settings? I had my XC540 up to 290g at 4cm/s with a 60 degreee blade and it still wouldn't cut through the 12mil proshield and 6mil base. Maybe I just didn't have the blade depth right.......

Jim Doggett

Yep; 60 degree blade, well-extended, dialed up pressure, cut slow ... and then double-cut if need be. If all that doesn't work, you'll have to get a good cutter (Graphtec or Summa quality) or find someone who owns one.

My $0.02,

Jim

TresL

Sp300V
60 deg. Clean Cut blade
pres. 290
speed 2 or 3

Set the blade depth just like you do any other material.

dortonracing

i have a signwarehouse Q100 which is a Graphtec cutter, I dont remember what blade angle it is? just the normal one for cutting vinyl, And not real sure why i posted it under rolands lol.

Hwy

Granted Pro-Shield is a little harder to cut, as one here already stated - it's all about blade depth and speed. 18 mil sandwich contour cuts all day, everyday.

If ya really wanna try hard - Convex Stubbl laminate with 6 mil convex vinyl. Challenging but can be done in single pass with our SP300V / 60 degree / speed at 3.