• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut a circle in half

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A couple of fairly easy ways ...

Slice and Dice Method

• Move circle to 0 for the X position.
  • Insert a horizontal guideline at a position of half the circle diameter.
  • Set Layout to "On Axis" on.
  • Select Slice and Dice tool and move it across the circle on the guideline.
  • Select and delete one of the halves.

Effects Trim Method

• Move circle to 0 for the X position.
  • Insert a horizontal guideline at a position of half the circle diameter.
  • Draw a rectangle from above the circle to the guideline.
  • With both objects selected, Select Effects > Special > A - B and click Continue.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I use Flexi, but I'm sure this would work in Omega.

Draw a circle. Convert to outlines (hit 'v' in Flexi). Delete the left most control point. Then select the top and bottom control points and click vertical alignment to make that segment a line. For the last step, you can also select just that segment and click to make it a straight line instead of a curve.

TammieH

Draw a circle...any size, draw a rectangle half the width of the circle...align both to one side then punch...easy peasy

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you need a lot of half circles get an old (or new) copy of CorelDraw.
It makes nice open or closed non-destructive circle segments.

wayne k
guam usa

Marlene

mnake a circle, go into edit, delete bottom point, click on bottom line between the points left and right with the detail selection tool, click on detail edit tab, click make line and ta da, half circle

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hi All

In Omega, is there an easy way to cut a circle in half?

Thanks

The simple geometry necessary to bisect a circle is, or should be, known to every elementary school child. To halve a circle with most any graphics software should be intuitive. All that's required is familiarity with the concept of 'radius' and it's relationship to 'diameter'. If you find this simple task difficult, you might give serious consideration to seeking another career.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
The simple geometry necessary to bisect a circle is, or should be, known to every elementary school child. To halve a circle with most any graphics software should be intuitive. All that's required is familiarity with the concept of 'radius' and it's relationship to 'diameter'. If you find this simple task difficult, you might give serious consideration to seeking another career.

Never gets old watching you rail on people for no apparent reason. Must be stressful being such a obnoxious toolbag.

OldPaint

WELL....the guys name is DROPOUT, and probably dropped out of ELEMENTARY SCHOOL))))
and iam with GACO5
COREL IS THE EASIEST do this with.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Never gets old watching you rail on people for no apparent reason. Must be stressful being such a obnoxious toolbag.

Well bucko, if pointing out reality constitutes 'railing' on someone there in your village, then there is considerable difference between your concept of 'railing' and my own.

Neither is it considered 'obnoxious' among civilized beings to merely call 'em the way you see 'em.

I'm sure the staff at Pollyanna U would disagree. My lack of interest in just what they or anyone else might think is total.

S11930

Draw the circle, select it, drag guide lines to the selected nodes, press y for slice and dice. Very simple