• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Alignment Adjustment (SP-540v)

Sign Creations

We're trying to print/cut on magnet material but when we do our cut line is off by about an 1/8". We tried adjusting the feed setting in print/cut adjustment and that had no effext on the cut line. So we then tried adjusting the feed setting under the cut adjustment in the calibration menu. We SEEMED to have success with that, as far as a test print was concerned, however, once we did a "real" print we found that we were still a bit off, at least 1/16" but the test print results were near perfect. Any solutions or tips of advice? Any and all are appreciated, thankyou.:thankyou:

(I have included a map of the Roalnd Printer Menu below to help lessen confusion, please read.)

Print/Cut Adjustment
-Feed Setting (ml)
-Scan Setting (ml)
-Test Print
Calibration
-Print Adjustment
--Feed Setting (%)
--Scan Setting (%)
-Cut Adjusment
--Feed Setting (%)
--Scan Seeting (%)

Vinylman

The first thing that comes to my mind is that the magnetic material is being attracted to your platen area, and perhaps is causing the feed process to not track correctly.

Have you done this in the past?

If it was me I would print the job on vinyl material, and adhere it to the magnetic after printing.
however if you are trying to cut the finished magnets then see above.

Sign Creations

Yes, we've done this in the past, and yes we're trying to cut the finished magnets. We've had it where there's been no errors in years past but we preformed a factory reset and lost any saved information on the printer itself. However, we've not had to work with any calibration settings for magnet/cutting problems before. And as far as the magnets sticking I can assure you that's not a problem because of our model of printer, it's made without magnetic parts on the outside for the sole purpose of being able to print properly on magnet. Thank-you very muchy though for your time and consideration in trying to help. again, ANY and all advice is welcome, please don't hesitate to post. Thank-you and have a nice day. :thankyou:

Last edited: