• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Back on Media Waste When Printing to a Take-Up Reel

jfiscus

Rap Master
The first foot or so of a roll is usually contaminated anyways from handling, etc. I also always do a nozzle check before any long print, so that uses a few inches. And once it is printed it is headed on over to the laminator anyways, right? So, you're going to need something to get the laminator webbed up with, right? I always figure in an extra foot at the beginning/end of each run, but YMMV.

ikarasu

I usually just hit print, and once it gets down to the take up reel I attach it... Never been a problem. If it's a full roll of printing, I might pause it when putting it on the take up just to make sure it's 100℅ straight / tight for laminating.

We tend to get print 20 ft on this roll, 20 on this roll, another 20 on this roll... I can't imagine doing this Everytime I switch a roll! I can't see the benefit of it over just waiting for the emdia to print enough to tape it to the take up.

Useful for those who actually go all the way down to the take up roll with wasted material through.