• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Blade Has One Spot Where It Gets Confused?

Bryce I

I'm Brie
We have an old but very great Roland SolJet XC-540. There's a spot on the printer about about 12" in. Whenever the carriage passes over this spot, the blade toggles up and down a couple times. It isn't dragging over the print or messing up the ink while printing, but it goes up and down, so other than making a noise, no big deal when printing. But when cutting, it misses a spot when passing over this area. That's been really messing up my cut jobs.
The piece that holds the blade does this up and down toggle pretty much every time it passes this spot. Any thoughts? Thanks!

jimboeejit

if i understand your question its that the carriage travelling on rails hits a certain spot/bump causing it to toggle up and down...then i would guess at a bit of hard ink..belt rubber...vinyl...hard grease...etc is lying in the rail ?....like a road bump ...or there is a kink/cut in encoder?

Joe House

Your cut carriage cable has a short that makes contact at that point. You'll need to replace it. I usually recommend that you replace the cable guides at the same time as they tend to accumulate dust and debris and as a result they don't slide as easily when the carriage moves back and forth.

Good Luck

Ultimate13

Your cut carriage cable has a short that makes contact at that point. You'll need to replace it. I usually recommend that you replace the cable guides at the same time as they tend to accumulate dust and debris and as a result they don't slide as easily when the carriage moves back and forth.

Good Luck
I agree with Joe 100%, we just did this with our 540 2 weeks ago. You can look in the service manual to see what you need to remove to replace it, but that is definitely the correct fix.