• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut consistency issues on your Versacamm? Look for this

Ragnabrok

This happens enough to be aware of it. The pinch rollers on the versacamms aren't as robust as the pro series, and tend to fatigue and crack over time. It's a slow gradual process, so something you likely don't notice as it progresses.

Attached picture shows where the crack usually forms, as well showing the pin. On this roller arm i could feel the crack with a weeding tool (the dental pick kind) since they are hard to see, and disappear completely when not under load. The crack can be on both sides, but sometimes is only on one.

The pin is a good identifier if there is an issue. When the pinch rollers are up, the pin should be all the way down as it is in the photo, when the pinch rollers are down, the pin should be pressed up at least half its thickness into that slot. If you drop the pinch roller handle, and the arms move down, but the pin stays on the bottom, they aren't getting enough pressure down.

Speaking of the pinch roller arm, it should have some springy feedback when you are pressing it down. if it mostly effortlessly flops into the down position, it's likely cause by broken pinch roller arms, but could also be a loose linkage.

If your cuts start good, and get bad, this is a prime suspect.
attachment.php

Attachments

• pinch roller.jpg
    pinch roller.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 292

BlueDuck

Versacamm cut consistancy

Hi Ragnabrok,
Thank you for your thoughts on the pinch wheel rollers.
Mine are ok but I had not thought to look closely at them.

I am still having issues in the scan direction. Usually out 1-3mm (1/16 - 1/8 inches)to the left end when I have done a print & laminate then cut. But today, I think first time, out to the right with a Pint& cut.
I dont know what the reason is. I have had no reply to a comment on a previous thread Roland SP300v Cutting is Consistently Inconsistent.
Hoping someone out there has had a similar problem & can help.

Ragnabrok

Print + cut, and crop-cut with cropmarks are 2 different adjustments.

Oddly, crop-cut adjust is only in the service menu for that printer. Process is the same, with just one black square printed and cut, weed it and change values as necessary.