• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut contour getting printed

2 see signz

Why would the cutcontour line get printed?

im using x5 and its fine there,
when it goes to versaworks, the ants are there...'
it prints and cuts great, but at closer look its printed the cut contour line?

this is the second day of ownership on the sp540v, i have done loads of contract out printing, so this side of things is very new..

Custom_Grafx

Why would the cutcontour line get printed?

im using x5 and its fine there,
when it goes to versaworks, the ants are there...'
it prints and cuts great, but at closer look its printed the cut contour line?

this is the second day of ownership on the sp540v, i have done loads of contract out printing, so this side of things is very new..

That happened to me for the first time ever, the other day. I still can't figure out how/why.

VS640 here, usingVW.

They were tiny decals... not sure if it's because they were so small? Still, it shouldn't happen. My quick fix was to change the colour of the CutContour swatch to white.

Ken

Not sure about Versaworks but in Colorip2.2 it wants the cut to be called CutPath.
That what I use on my versacamm.
Ken

J

john1

using versaworks you need to make the cut line a spot color named CutContour <----just like that.

Sometimes from time to time it will print, you have to make sure you see the red dancing ants in versaworks before printing to show the cut line is detected

Custom_Grafx

No that's the strange part. It is detected as a cutline but also prints. Random bug is my guess. Haven't seen it in 4 years.

Mainframe

Make sure you don't have 2 vector lines on top of each other, one a magenta color and one a cut line, open the file and select all the cutcontour strokes, then hide them and see what you have.

Custom_Grafx

Yes I checked, not the problem :( Funny thing was, I had one, and copy/pasted them to do around 20 copies... had the magenta line on some, some not. Not too worried.... I think it was because they were far too small. Main thing, customer was happy in the end, was barely visible.