• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut contour

Jim Hill

My question is I have an image to cut but the problem is my image has the same color as my cut contour line color so instead of just seeing the dancing lines around the image I want to cut it wants to cut everything with the exact same color.

Can I have more then one color set up as my cut contour line and call it say cut contour 2 or will that screw things up?

Never thought I would run into this problem with the color I have been using for the cut contour line color.

Thanks Jim

sjm

What software are you using? As most use the name applied to the contour, ie ContourCut and not the colour.

ChiknNutz

The cut contour color makes absolutely no difference. You typically just make it some color that you don't ever use (or rarely), but it makes no difference. What does matter is that the color be a Spot color, be of hairline width and be called EXACTLY "CutContour" or "CutPath" (depends on the RIP). Even if you use the same color that's already in an image, it shouldn't matter.

Jim Hill

Thanks for the great advice.

I am using Coreldraw 12 for all the design work.

The rip software I am using is ColorRip.

And I have the contour color in with spot colors.

My question is get I have more then one spot color that I use?

I names the first on cutcontour but was wondering what happens if I now decide to them the next one something like cut contour 2 will that work?

I have always used a shade of green for the cut contour line but the image I will be cutting has the exact same shade of green in it so when I send to my Roland Versacamm it wants to cut everything with that shade of green.

Thanks Jim

Jim Hill

Sorry about that.

Thats what happens when I type to fast.

This is what I meant to say.

I am using Coreldraw 12 for all the design work.

The rip software I am using is ColorRip.

And I have the contour color in with spot colors.

My question is can I have more then one spot color that I use?

I named the first spot color cutcontour but was wondering what happens if I now decide to them the next one something like cut contour 2 will that work?

I have always used a shade of green for the cut contour line but the image I will be cutting has the exact same shade of green in it so when I send to my Roland Versacamm it wants to cut everything with that shade of green.

Thanks Jim
progress.gif

S

scarface

the contour cut line should be a spot color. I make mine pink because i generally don't print anything pink so it stands out fine. That cut line alone should be called CutContour so it separates that from the rest of the colors

ChiknNutz

...and be called EXACTLY "CutContour" or "CutPath" (depends on the RIP)...

I cannot say it any clearer than this. Unless they have changed the software, it MUST MUST MUST be named EXACTLY as shown above. FYI, I too used a Magenta color due to it rarely, if ever, being used in a design. Try it and see if it works, then you'll know. You've got nothing to lose, as you'll see the marching ants in the RIP or you won't.