• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut direct from Corel

sullosau

I dont know if this will help but Im using corel 12 and a cutter called a bobcat b60,
I use the lynx 60 emulation thru lpt1
to get something to cut it has to have those lines or paths
then make the outline .003 cms and no fill, this seems to work,
only time Ive had a prob is when someone has saved a bitmap as a eps and it not, then it goes to vector doctor, lightning fast return and it goes back into corel and vundabarrr! it cuts..
Well thats the quick version!

Steve

signage

If your plotter come with a windows drive you can cut directly from any program that supports HPGL. You will just have to do some of the set up in your graphics programs to get the weed border.

goodoldboy

i got the same story about cutting from Corel which i already knew how to use. it simply won't work even after i downloaded the corel compatibility patch from there website. i use corel then save as a dxf and import it into Easy sign. Since i also have used autoCad for years in a machine shop i also draw in Autocad and save as a DXF.. i don't like being lied to but Easy sign is really easy to simple layout like names for sports jerseys.saving and importing is not as easy as plotting directly from your design software but it is not the end of the world. it gets faster with practice
Jack

CentralSigns

I have tried asking this question but its like a sacred question not to ask anywhere because only the elders know and keep it a secret and only the people in the secret society will find out that answer.....

I have a Master 24" and im still copying and pasting.

Well Grasshopper the sacred knowledge is very important. Only the chosen may know the sacred word. You must continue posting and when you hit 1000 you will be given this knowledge. Sometimes joining the forum will uncover many secrets, don't be scared to spend your yen. Only then will you be able to access the sacred stored scribes of knowledge.

Nine22

Mimaki can cut straight from corel from memory...basically like printing but picking the mimaki cutter instead of a default printer...

Its great i think...saves heaps of time! :)