• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Force drops on second row

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Have 24 decals (1 in final file but in Roland changed Quantity to 24) printed and laminated - registration marks found (never been an issue) . First row of 4 decals cut force is perfect - every single time, the second and subsequent rows it barely cuts them. Same file. First time this has happened.

I guess a work around would be to only do 1 row at a time (4 decals for the size I am working with). But A: I already have 160 done. B: That would waste a ton of material, time, and laminate to go row by row.

There has to be something going on.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance - as with anything we deal with this is time sensitive - ha. Roland SP-300V. Blade is a genuine 60 degree Roland - use cut force of 210 (15mil laminate). Never had this issue before. It is like the Cut Force is 210 on the first 4 decals, then all the rest of the decals it is at 150 and barely cuts - thus ruining the other 20 decals.

Could a bad cutter strip cause this? My current one definitely has some lines through it (as I use this thicker Lam a lot)......

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vohaul

Are you sure the blade isn’t damaged... 210 seems pretty high.... mine cuts laminated vinyl perfectly all day long at 155 or so....

Also double check the blade holder... I’ve seen some bizarre things with a bad blade holder....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk