• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut is off on my Mutoh ValueCut 1300

Zeke Ford

Manager of Wide Format Production
I have a Mutoh ValueCut 1300 and I am noticing that my contour cuts are getting off. Most of the images that I am contour cutting have a border around them. The border is not cutting even all the way around. The left side of the image always ends up being super skinny almost to the point where there is barely any border on it, and the right side ends up cutting thick. I have tried adjusting the offset and have had no luck with solving this problem. I've tried to contact my dealer and have not received a call back. I was wondering if anyone else is or has ever experienced this problem.

Zeke Ford

**Update**

I've talked to the people at mutoh and they asked me to set all of the offsets to the presets that the sticker underneath had written on it, (which I had already done), then told me that they can't help me any further. They said I need to get in touch with my distributor to get there help which I have been trying to do all day.

If anyone has any suggestions at all it would be greatly appreciated.

Zeke Ford

Still have not heard back from my distributor and the problem is still not solved!

henryp

Still have not heard back from my distributor and the problem is still not solved!

This problem is usually caused by output size mismatch between the printer and the cutter. If the output size already match, you need to calibrate the AAS offset because the default settings may no longer be valid. Change the x and y values, increasing the value will move the cut in one direction and decreasing will move it in the opposite, do this by trial and error until the cutter cuts exactly where the contour cut line is. If you have the CD that came with the cutter, there is a pattern that you can print and then cut to calibrate the AAS offset.

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20191216-084255.png
    ice_screenshot_20191216-084255.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 523
  • AAS offset Calibration.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 509