• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut lenght limit

Huntin2

Hi all, this is my first post and I was hoping someone can help me out. I have a FC8600-130 and I am trying to cut a image that is 84" long. What happens is when the cutter gets close to the end it stops cutting at 78" with No error. it just stops like its finished cutting. I've tried sending it through AI using Graphtec studio as well as opening a EPS file in Studio. Both ways the file clips in the same spot. It almost seems like there is a length limit on the cutter.Any advise would be appreciated.

reQ

Don't know about graphtec software, but in Roland's CutStudio, there is a limit set in set up. So something similar should be in your cutting software, just look up in cutting set ups

Sign Works

Your User Manual will tell you how to change the default cutting length setting, I recall running into the same thing with my FC4100 back 15 years ago, think I changed mine to 300" if I remember correctly, not at shop so can't check.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Don't have the same model of Graphtec but on mine it is:
From the keypad on the cutter (ce6000)
Pause button
#4 (Media) button
#3 (Page length)
Up Key to crank up the length
Enter to set
Pause button to exit

wayne k
guam usa

Rydaddy

roll or sheet

Are you cutting off a roll (or sheet) that is longer than 84"? Not trying to be a jerk, just making sure that the vinyl you have loaded is large enough to load and still fit what you are trying to cut. The plotter will "use-up" a certain amount of a sheet if that is what you loaded.

Huntin2

I got the length issue fixed thanks to you guys but now my cutter is not showing up in cutter window in Studio.