• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Lettering on walls.

mudmedia

I met with a client yesterday and he wants to do a 18 ft logo on the side of a wall its what I would call a smooth wall looks like they used a version of MDO plywood or some sort but it is an off white not a bright white like normal MDO is.

He just wants a specific blue plotter cut vinyl and am not sure if there is a special vinyl for "wall" media like there is printed material. I planned on using Oracal 751 vinyl. I do not foresee a problem but I do not want it falling off after the next day.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Hmm, is it white sided masonite, or like an mdo with a rigid (very thin) laminate? ... or did they paint it?

Really, as long as it is glossy-ish and not overly textured you will be fine, 751 oracal will be fine, i probably wouldn't do 951 as it would be a little too thin. if it's inside, you could probably go with 651 if it's for something that will change once a year ... it's thicker and the adhesive is a little more agressive ... beyond a year ... 751.

carter75

I agree, 751 should work fine. Just by your description of the wall it sounds like you really aren't sure what it is. I would maybe suggest taking a scrap piece of 751 and a couple other options to the place and adhering them. There is a vinyl adhesion test that you can use or just leave it up for a day or two and go back and check it.

mudmedia

The wall has more of a luster look to it. It is smooth sided and no texture at all just where they put cocking in between the seams (do not ask me why lol) but was told I can remove it if I needed to.

It will all be indoor nothing goes outsides it is an indoor gym.

I am not sure if it is painted or not I want to say no but then again I haven't seen a off white piece of MDO you can buy but my answer would be no it doesn't have to be removable.

I cut a logo smaller sized and put it on the wall this morning to test I appreciate all the input I just do not want it falling off the next day but this sounds like 751 will work.