• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut lines turning from magenta to black when exporting to eps???

Shadowglen

OK I have been designing on my office machine and exporting the files in Corel X5 to eps and then pulling the file up on my production computer.

This has worked fine for over a year, now all of the sudden when I import the file into Versaworks or even back into corel the cut lines turn to cmyk black. if I do the same export from corel on the production machine (using the same export settings Native and RBG) the image holds the magenta lines and it is fine. I have not changed any settings that I can think of.

any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks Dave.

graphicwarning

I don't remember if it was in X5 or X6 they added the setting in EPS export called "Convert Spot Colors to CMYK"... is that checked if it's there? That would cause your problem if it's checked.

Shadowglen

I don't remember if it was in X5 or X6 they added the setting in EPS export called "Convert Spot Colors to CMYK"... is that checked if it's there? That would cause your problem if it's checked.

it says convert spot colors to: and then you can pick RGB or CMYK I don't have the box checked and for output color you can pick RBG, CMYK, Native, or grayscale. NATIVE is selected

Shadowglen

Starting to wonder if this is Corels way of increasing the purchase of x7. Don't want to stir up a conspiracy theory but the daily crashes and glitches like this have all been since I did the last online update...