• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Misalignment in versaworks

jbona75

I've had this problem with a few files: after setting up my cut paths in illustrator, they come into versaworks slightly off. The cut alignment of the machine itself is as on as it can be ( it has the cable and pully and is an older 540 EX) but the red marching ant in versaworks is off...while in illustrator they are dead on...I end up having to compensate and it is a real pain...any help or insight would be appreciated...

JoshLoring

Hmm. The only time I have seen this is if I accidently save my eps in the wrong version ai file. I try to save all down from Cs4 to Cs2 version eps. If that doesn't help let me know I'll play with it in the morning and see if I can duplicate. I think there is an offset but I can't recall.

mac_man_luke

i had a similar problem yesterday when i enabled crop marks in versaworks - it didnt allow for it for the cut path so was off by 5-10mm