Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut Misalignment in versaworks

Discussion in 'Roland' started by jbona75, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jbona75

jbona75 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I've had this problem with a few files: after setting up my cut paths in illustrator, they come into versaworks slightly off. The cut alignment of the machine itself is as on as it can be ( it has the cable and pully and is an older 540 EX) but the red marching ant in versaworks is off...while in illustrator they are dead on...I end up having to compensate and it is a real pain...any help or insight would be appreciated...

Tags:
  2. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

Hmm. The only time I have seen this is if I accidently save my eps in the wrong version ai file. I try to save all down from Cs4 to Cs2 version eps. If that doesn't help let me know I'll play with it in the morning and see if I can duplicate. I think there is an offset but I can't recall.

3. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Member

Aug 2, 2008
    South Australia
    i had a similar problem yesterday when i enabled crop marks in versaworks - it didnt allow for it for the cut path so was off by 5-10mm

4. jbona75

jbona75 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I'm saving it out as a pdf, illustrator default. I'll try saving as an older eps and see. Thanks...