• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut multiple objects within one job

oc63rag

Here's what I'm trying to do: take one file with about 200 unique shapes and print and cut. I'm designing in Illy CS2, printing to a Seiko and cutting on a Grapthec from Photo Print 5 DX.
I called Scanvec and they said it can be done but has to be set up within Illustrator.
Does anyone know how to select all the different shapes and apply cut lines to each one? Is this one step (select all) or do I have to go through and select each shape?
Thanks for any help.

oc63rag

How do you do it with Finecut? Maybe I can figure out how to do it with Photo Print by using your steps.

Ron Helliar

You must do it on each shape individually if the goal is to have 200 unique shapes & sizes cut on the plotter. You can then assemble them all together in Illy or use the nesting feature of your rip software.

eforer

Here's what I'm trying to do: take one file with about 200 unique shapes and print and cut. I'm designing in Illy CS2, printing to a Seiko and cutting on a Grapthec from Photo Print 5 DX.
I called Scanvec and they said it can be done but has to be set up within Illustrator.
Does anyone know how to select all the different shapes and apply cut lines to each one? Is this one step (select all) or do I have to go through and select each shape?
Thanks for any help.

Create an action (macro everywhere else except adobe land). Illustrator has a reasonable SDK if your handy with JS or VB.

I also use finecut, its money for stuff like that.