• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut order issues with FC8000-60

SignFactoryCA

Hello,
I am using Gerber Omega/Composer 2.6.1 with a Graphtec FC8000-60. The issue I am having is that when I output from a file with repeats (usually with shapes, text, and auto number/text merge) the plotter wants to cut the same piece for each repeat rather than cutting all of the pieces for each repeat before continuing.

For example, let's say I want to cut 100 door numbers where each sign has an overall size of 3" x 5", with an inset border, a unique number (the auto number of text merge), and a property name/logo. For simplicity let's assume the border, numbers, and logo are all one color so we know that the output will include all of these pieces together. Instead of cutting all of the pieces for a single repeat and moving on to the next our plotter is cutting the border for each repeat, then winding the vinyl back and cutting the number for each repeat, then winding back again and cutting the logo for each repeat. In some cases it will even cut only a single letter from the logo for each repeat, wind it back and cut the next letter, wind it back, etc.

This is not efficient and takes more time due to the excessive winding back, but more importantly introduces the opportunity for the vinyl to move out of position so that by the end of the job the pieces may not be properly positioned in relation to the pieces cut first. As a result we have to cut only small chunks of the overall job at a time, which again is inefficient.

Any suggestions as to how I can correct this? TIA!

SignFactoryCA

Unfortunately (from what I can tell) the print order is for printing, and in this case we are only cutting. The FC8000-60 is only a plotter, not print & cut.

I just checked the system that runs the plotter and sure enough the 'print options' is not an option I can select. Thanks for the idea though.

SignFactoryCA

Correct, I see the option but it is greyed out and not selectable. I assume this is because I have the FC8000-60 installed as a plotter and the software knows I can't print with it.