Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Cut page crossings" Flexi pro

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by CheapVehicleWrap, Dec 13, 2009.

1. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Does anyone know exactly how this setting works? I have a q-160 plotter with the extra page cut blade. How would you simply cut the page after a series of decals? Print another series and and cut. i know I'll still have to cut by hand but it's easier if i had sized strips to start. it appears to do with paneling, but I'm not paneling.

Tags:
  2. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    That's not what this option does. If you have a job that's tiled onto a number of pages this option will cut out each page outline. It will not cut off the media.

If you want to have the plotter cut off the media you need to send the proper HPGL to invoke the cutter by including this HPGL in either the Before or After tab on the cutting options dialog in the set up for the plotter in Production manager. I have no idea what the HPGL for the cutter might be, but it surely exists.

Note that the cutter only works on roll media. It will not function for sheet media.

3. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Ahh! Thanks. Yes now i remember reading it only works works on roll now too.

If you were to use it as it was intended you'd do a countor cut as normal? Because the plotter tab isn't visible without a contour cut.