• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Cut page crossings" Flexi pro

CheapVehicleWrap

Does anyone know exactly how this setting works? I have a q-160 plotter with the extra page cut blade. How would you simply cut the page after a series of decals? Print another series and and cut. i know I'll still have to cut by hand but it's easier if i had sized strips to start. it appears to do with paneling, but I'm not paneling.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Does anyone know exactly how this setting works? I have a q-160 plotter with the extra page cut blade. How would you simply cut the page after a series of decals? Print another series and and cut. i know I'll still have to cut by hand but it's easier if i had sized strips to start. it appears to do with paneling, but I'm not paneling.

That's not what this option does. If you have a job that's tiled onto a number of pages this option will cut out each page outline. It will not cut off the media.

If you want to have the plotter cut off the media you need to send the proper HPGL to invoke the cutter by including this HPGL in either the Before or After tab on the cutting options dialog in the set up for the plotter in Production manager. I have no idea what the HPGL for the cutter might be, but it surely exists.

Note that the cutter only works on roll media. It will not function for sheet media.

CheapVehicleWrap

Ahh! Thanks. Yes now i remember reading it only works works on roll now too.

If you were to use it as it was intended you'd do a countor cut as normal? Because the plotter tab isn't visible without a contour cut.