Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut path in Adobe Photoshop CS

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by groutch, Dec 7, 2008.

1. groutch

groutch Member

Nov 14, 2006
    I would like to know how I can create a cut path in Adobe Photoshop CS
    so I can bring eps file into Adobe to make cut path ready print and cut in
    my Colorrip.I don't know how to create a cut path in the menu those anydoby know the steps
    This would be a big help.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
    Tags:
  2. Mainframe

Mainframe Very Active Member

Make your selection in PS, make work path, then export paths to illustrator, this will be a separate file to open in illy, you can then open your artwork in illy & just cut & paste the work path, just make sure you look for the path you exported in the illy file because it will have no fill or stroke so you can only see it in artwork mode. this trick is also useful for digitizing, you can use the majic wand tool to select things & make work path & export paths to illy and you have your vector

3. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

photoshop is a vector proggy. there is no way to create a "path". you would need to do it in illustrator.

4. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I assume you don't have Adobe Illustrator, so although mainFrame's suggestion works, I'm not sure how well it works without Adobe Illustrator.

Also, saying bring eps file into Adobe, is not saying much, since Adobe makes a lot of software, so it's good to name the software, not just the manufacturer, if you want people to understand you.

5. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I think you meant to say that PS is a raster program, which it is. But you can create and export vector paths in Photoshop using the steps Mainframe outlined. Also, newer versions of PS have some rather sophisticated vector capabilities in the way of Smart Objects, etc.

6. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

eh oops. heh, well duh! long day.