• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut path in Adobe Photoshop CS

groutch

I would like to know how I can create a cut path in Adobe Photoshop CS
so I can bring eps file into Adobe to make cut path ready print and cut in
my Colorrip.I don't know how to create a cut path in the menu those anydoby know the steps
This would be a big help.

Last edited:

Mainframe

Make your selection in PS, make work path, then export paths to illustrator, this will be a separate file to open in illy, you can then open your artwork in illy & just cut & paste the work path, just make sure you look for the path you exported in the illy file because it will have no fill or stroke so you can only see it in artwork mode. this trick is also useful for digitizing, you can use the majic wand tool to select things & make work path & export paths to illy and you have your vector

P

ProWraps™

photoshop is a vector proggy. there is no way to create a "path". you would need to do it in illustrator.

iSign

I can bring eps file into Adobe to make cut path...

I assume you don't have Adobe Illustrator, so although mainFrame's suggestion works, I'm not sure how well it works without Adobe Illustrator.

Also, saying bring eps file into Adobe, is not saying much, since Adobe makes a lot of software, so it's good to name the software, not just the manufacturer, if you want people to understand you.

thewood

photoshop is a vector proggy. there is no way to create a "path". you would need to do it in illustrator.

I think you meant to say that PS is a raster program, which it is. But you can create and export vector paths in Photoshop using the steps Mainframe outlined. Also, newer versions of PS have some rather sophisticated vector capabilities in the way of Smart Objects, etc.