• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Rollers

Bought a GBC Arctic Titan sight unseen from ebay (yeah, not smart) that has cuts in both rollers all around them. Also a nice little gash in the upper one. At what point are the rollers damaged beyond producing a product without defects? Some of these cuts are over 24 inches long. The laminator was advertised as in excellent condition. Yeah, right. The rollers and feed table have so many cuts in it that it looks like somebody gave a cutter to a three year old and turned him loose.

I have it but it is crazy dirty. They didn't take care of it at all. Also missing some hardware that secures the upper idler bar and some broken screws that are still threaded in the take up assembly. I didn't even want to operate it after seeing it in this condition. All of that can be fixed, my main worry is the rollers. I don't want to accept this thing and have to deal with screwed up prints that weren't of my own doing.

Victorian Signs

Laminator

I would contact the seller, sounds like the item description did not match the item, any laminate rolls are VERY EXPENSIVE to replace:banghead:................good luck

mosignman

If there is a gash in the roller you'll have a bubble at that spot every revolution since the gap won't touch the surface of the print. The rollers would need to be replaced. I'm not sure but that is probably the most expensive part of the laminator.

I talked to GBC about replacing them. $1,800 a piece!!! Plus shipping. Plus $205/hr x 2 for install. Trying to work with ebay to get my money back. Even with that, I'm losing about $1,000 in return shipping. Have always had good luck with ebay. No more High dollars purchases.

Sticky Signs

Cut rollers will cause nothing but problems and it's a safety hazard. Those things are under a lot of pressure and can pop with out notice. Not good for you or your employees.

The old company I worked for had a seal laminator. The rollers had some major nicks and cuts. I got used to it, but it was a pita to run. When I opened my own business and I bought a properly maintained laminator with new rollers I couldn't believe the difference.

Night and day as far as quality and ease of use.

Mosh

Rollers make the laminator, with nicks and scores in them they are worsthless. I guess this is why it was on e-bay. Sorry mate.

Here are some shots of the rollers that the seller claims are only scratches. These cuts are around both rollers.

Attachments

• Top Roller.jpg
    Top Roller.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Top Roller 2.jpg
    Top Roller 2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 147
  • Gouge.jpg
    Gouge.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Gouge 2.jpg
    Gouge 2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 134
Wonder where the supervision was when the employee was slicing and dicing? Do you think this guy competes on quality? "Hey Mr. Customer, I can beat anyone's price!!" :covereyes: