• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Studio plugin and mac illustrator problem

silkyscreens

Hey everyone,

I have a Roland Gx-24 and illustrator runnning on mac. I'm trying to use the cutstudio plugin. I installed cut studio and tried sending the file to my Roland from both illustrator CS and CS2. I installed the plugin, got my file set up right, and hit the button to send it to the plotter. The output box comes up where you choose what machine to send it to, and the GX-24 is selected in the list. There are three buttons that say cut, abort, and exit. A split second after I hit cut though, it says "finished." The cutter doesn't have any reaction.

I hooked up my home computer, which is windows xp, to the cutter, and with the full cut studio program was able to cut text. the cutter worked perfectly, so i think it is something to do with the plugin. has anyone else had this problem on a mac? I am running a powerpc mac, not an intel mac if that makes a difference. I would just use the windows computer for my cutter but i can't leave it up here.

any help is appreciated.

thank you!
-derek

Noni120

Derek-did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm having a similar issue. Running Mac Intel-apparently it DOES make a difference (Roland tells me their latest Illustrator Plugin no longer supports PowerPC). I have Illustrator CS5 and a Roland GX-300 which is a cut plotter (no printing) similar to the GX-24.

I have my Mac partitioned with Bootcamp and run Windows 7 on that side. I've been cutting with Illustrator in this fashion for over 3 years. With latest upgrades however, I find I'm beginning to have double cutting issues on the Windows side and would like to switch to the Mac side. I contacted Roland and they sent me what they said were the plugin for Illustrator CS4/CS5 on a Mac, along with Cut Studio.

The said I should place the plugin for Illustrator in the directory "Plugins" and CutStudio folder into my HD>Applications directory. With these in place, when I try to cut from Illustrator, although the GX-300 shows up as an option in the print dialogue box, when I hit "OK", nothing happens with the cutter.

I've seen postings on other sites that this is indeed possible, and Roland says it is as well. I just can't seem to make things work. If anyone can help out with this, I would TRULY appreciate the help!
Thanks!!