• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut vinyl "green" alternative?

ForgeInc

Does anyone know of any "environmentally friendly" alternatives to adhesive backed vinyl that we can print on then die cut? We get this question often and have tried a couple things with varying degrees of success, would love to know if anyone knows of anything?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, that's all I got.

That's like the order I got yesterday for a backlit sign. She asked for digitally printed on transparent lexan. No problem, but she requested 3/16" and I know the cabinet..... and it will only take 3/16" comfortably. Now what ??

Billct2

As I was jumping on the dumpster to get another can full of scraps, liner and used transfer paper into it I was remembering how my first shop had a single garbage can that barely got filled in a week. Not a lot of waste from a can of One Shot.

Mosh

I shred all of my backing paper an give it to a local packing company...

Of course people in Portlandia would want "green" signs.

rjssigns

Not knowing what your clients are asking for in terms of finished product makes it hard to think of alternatives. If it is decals that are short term and indoors there are adhesive backed papers made with recycled content.

We had discussed "green" at length in a college printing class. The instructor agreed when I said: "Green is forgotten when they see how much it costs".