• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Vinyl Lettering over Rivets

walters signs

My installer is having an issue putting cut vinyl letters over Rivets, The mask doesn't allow for the letter to lay flat over the Rivet and it's looking like ****. Any ideas? Were using Oracal 751 with ApliTape #4075 Mask.

signgirl

I used to cringe when I seen rivets but now I squeegee the transfer covered vinyl left to right (back and forth) starting at bottom moving up with pretty good pressure totally ignoring the rivets. I have no problems now. Pop a few holes around the rivet and take your squeegee and form around. Tried those rivet brushes but didn't master that.

Also if I can screw out the rivet , apply vinyl, screw back in...that's even better!

ChicagoGraphics

A rivet brush is all you need, you should never poke any holes around a rivet.

I did a truck over ten years ago with lots of rivets using Calon 5000 series there cheapest film and to this day it still looks good and the vinyl on the rivets never tented, just have to know how to use a rivet brush.

J

john1

All i have ever done is apply the vinyl, tear the application tape off, where the tent is around the rivet just poke a few holes and use a heat gun to go inward with the squeegee all around it. Make sure you are using CAST vinyl.

Attachments

• cocco_truck_rivets2.jpg
    cocco_truck_rivets2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 121

megacab

get a torch and a rolle pro. look up rolle pro on youtube for how to use it. makes life alot simpler.

max

But does everyone agree that you must first remove the transfer tape before working the vinyl in around the rivets????