• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut vinyl signage on a store front?

phototec

If installing cut vinyl signage on a store front (windows & door), do you cover the aluminum frame as shown in the example below?

If so, how do you treat the sides of the aluminum frame and the rubber gasket (seal) between the frame and glass?

I have never done it this way, however the customer wants the graphic continuous across the store front as shown in the example below, covering the aluminum frames.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• 433_One_Hour_Printing_Storefront.jpg
    433_One_Hour_Printing_Storefront.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 50

Jillbeans

I don't run vinyl to the very edges of the windows to allow for expansion and contraction.
I wouldn't cover the aluminum.
Love.....Jill

Pat Whatley

I've done it but it's always depended on the graphics. Sometimes there's just not a good place to split them. I've always squegeed up to the frame, trimmed the vinyl, moved it forward to apply over the face of the window trim, trimmed it again, then move it back to the window and finish it. Usually I'll take extra matching vinyl and apply it to the sides of the window frame and trim it by hand. I never run it over the rubber molding.

It's not technically difficult, just a pain in the butt.

phototec

I've always squegeed up to the frame, trimmed the vinyl, moved it forward to apply over the face of the window trim, trimmed it again, then move it back to the window and finish it. Usually I'll take extra matching vinyl and apply it to the sides of the window frame and trim it by hand. I never run it over the rubber molding.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I like the part about taking extra matching vinyl and apply it to the sides of the window frame and trim it by hand.

:thankyou: