• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Vinyl Transfer Film Frame Kit

Biker Scout

OK, I'm having the darnest time remembering what that product was called. I'm sure it doesn't exist anymore, since most people don't use cut vinyl like they used to.

But anyway, I was having a conversation about different ways to apply tricky graphics, and I mentioned this aluminum extrusion frame system, that utilized a reusable masking film. It was cool, because they advertised never needing to buy wasteful paper masking again. So when I went to google it, or use other search engines, no amount of word combinations could bring up the photos of the system, I so vividly remember. Unless you have the exact name of the frame system, it's gone down a memory hole. I know I come from that timeline where it existed.

brdesign

I remember those, they were supposed to be the next big thing, like 20 years ago. They were actually kind of handy for lining up multiple layers of vinyl, but I have no idea what it was called, haven't thought about them in years. The film didn't last long before it started to lose it's tack, and our production team were much faster using transfer tape

Biker Scout

I remember those, they were supposed to be the next big thing, like 20 years ago. They were actually kind of handy for lining up multiple layers of vinyl, but I have no idea what it was called, haven't thought about them in years. The film didn't last long before it started to lose it's tack, and our production team were much faster using transfer tape
Yes, you'd get about 5-6 tacks before you had to stretch a new piece of film. But you could use a roller which was much more handy for a smooth vinyl lay out, because we had various widths of rollers. Made a bunch of yard signs this way, before the advent of flatbed printing.

ChicagoGraphics

I had those years ago, they came in 3 sizes If I recall, It was called "something frame" I will see If I can find the name of it

ChicagoGraphics

Screenshot_2021-06-22-21-53-51-467_com.android.chrome.jpg

Biker Scout

Yes, that's it!! Thank you... I was going nuts, because they were gone down the memory rabbit hole, without a direct search term.

Andy D

I worked at a shop that had one & I thought it was a cool concept, but worked terribly in practice...
But it could be I wasn't using it right.

Speed Press (some already answered) I use this system every day in my 9-5 (6:30-4:30 actually :) I work for a county making their street signs during the week and my own company part time. I can do 20-40 plus signs with their Super Tac transfer (which is now discontinued) before it start to lose all tac. When I’m making signs on the weekend, I’m amazed by just how much transfer tape gets thrown away. The Speed Press system is excellent for repeated signs and I can see where it would be great for repeated multi color.
Hope this helped.